I hope you’re staying dry today! Let’s pray for safety and protection for our community and all of our neighbors in the Southeast. Our new Fall Series that begins Sunday, September 18th, “Unshakable – Standing Strong in the Storms of Life,” couldn’t be any more timely. Start praying now for your friends and everyone you will be inviting. Pick up an “Unshakable” book on Sunday and use it as an invite tool. Pray for everyone that will be invited, for our mailing that will go out, and all of our guests. Let’s invite people like it all depends on us, pray like it all depends on God, walk by faith, and trust God with the results!
Don’t forget, there will only be 1 Worship Service this Sunday – 9:30am – for Labor Day Weekend. There will be no 11:15am service. If you’re in town, make every effort to be in church.
Wow – was LIFE Group Sunday amazing or what? I told you it would be! It’s always one of my favorite Sundays of the year! All of our LIFE Group Leaders did an awesome job! But do you know what was the greatest thing to come out of LIFE Group Sunday? Right now 368 adults have signed up for LIFE Groups! That represents our LARGEST Semester EVER!! WOW! Don’t forget the new semester of LIFE Groups start the week of September 11th.
Last week I mentioned our Growing Nursery and Coastal Kidz Children’s Ministry. WE NEED YOU! If you are willing, able, and interested in volunteering, simply respond to this email and we will put you in touch with Janet – our Children’s Director. Or you can email her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget, “One person, in one service, once a month makes a HUGE IMPACT!” There is no such thing as the “Black Hole of Nursery” at Coastal – in other words you won’t get stuck in there if it’s not a fit and you won’t miss worship.
Well, I want to let you know about something exciting that we’re going to be doing this Fall to emphasize our Coastal Kidz Children’s Ministry – we’re having a Children’s Day on Sunday, October 30th! Outside there will be games, food, and a petting zoo! All kids, 4 year olds and up will be in both services where there will be a Champion Christian Juggler performing! Trust me – I’ve seen him – it’s going to be AWESOME! Mark your calendars now – don’t miss it! Invite and bring your friends!
- New to Coastal and interested in taking next steps? Like to meet other new people, our Staff, and learn a little bit more about our church? Sign up and come to our next Newcomer’s Lunch, immediately following our 11:15am service on Sunday, September 11th (approx. 12:30pm). You can sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday or you can sign up online now.
- Interested in formalizing your commitment to Coastal as your church family? Climbing up the Leadership Ladder here at Coastal and need to become a Member? Sign up for our next Membership Class, Saturday, September 17th, 9am-12noon. Refreshments & Childcare provided. You can sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday or you can sign up online now.
- We’re having a BIG DAY on Sunday, September 18th as we kick off our new Fall Sermon Series, “UNSHAKABLE – Standing Strong in the Storms of Life.” It’s based on the book that I wrote the forward to, that we give away. I really believe it’s going to be a great series and more importantly an easy way to invite and bring friends! In fact, use the book as an invite tool to bring your friends!
- We had so much fun last year, we’re doing it again – our 2nd Annual Tailgate Party & Competition – Sunday, October 2nd – 9am-1pm (before, during, and after church)! If you are interested in participating, representing your team, sharing your favorite grub, possibly winning some cool prizes, and having a whole lot of fun, simply respond to this email and let us know. You can sign up to participate on your Connect Card beginning next Sunday.
- On Friday night, October 7th, our WAVES Student Ministry is having a Spaghetti Dinner & Silent Auction. This will be their one big fundraiser for the Fall. Students will be selling tickets starting next week for $5. All proceeds go directly to pay for the Winter Retreat in Pigeon Forge, TN, January 13th-16th. Let Ryan Spell know if you are willing to help with the dinner (provide spaghetti noodles, sauce, bread, salad). If you: own a business, work for a generous company, have any connections, have some cool (and valuable) stuff you are willing to part with, or can donate any goods and services, please contact Ryan Spell at email@example.com or sign up on your Connect Card and he will contact you.
ALL IN (Go Tigers)!
P.S. Don’t forget – only ONE service on Labor Day Weekend, this Sunday, at 9:30am.