I’ve got good news on this Good Friday! If you haven’t already heard, we FINALLY got our full approval from the City of Charleston for our new building plans and were issued our official Building Permit yesterday morning! Now it’s time to get rolling! The plumber comes out next week, the electrian after that. They’ll be working in the ground before we pour concrete. The steel structure is still on schedule for delivery the very end of April/beginning of May. There is much to be done between now and then. Keep the whole process in your prayers.
But the BEST news is that Easter weekend if finally here! I hope you’re as excited as I am! You know what to do:
- Pray!! Pray for all the people we’re inviting to church. Pray for me. Pray for all our volunteers. Pray for our Worship Team. Pray for the message. Pray that people get saved!
- Invite!! It’s time. Have the courage to actually invite some to church with you! Make the ask! Use facebook and social media. Call or send personal invites to people that you know who come to Coastal but you haven’t seen in a while.
- Warmly Welcome Everyone!! Everyone is unofficially a part of the First Impressions Team this week! Smile, talk to people, welcome them, introduce yourself, be helpful and kind. Show people with children where to go. Our Cafe will be inside as normal.
- Park!! Park far away – even at the new Oakland Elementary School parking lot.
- Volunteer to serve!! Give Chris Ranew (1st Impressions) 706-941-2044 & Janet Rollins (Children’s Ministry) 843-442-8299 a call and say, “I’m available this service, put me to work!”
- Seating!! Under the tent sit close to the front and center of each section. Make room in the back and on the sides for people as they come in.
Why? That’s the real important question. Why pray? Why invite? Why reach out? Why pull out all the stops for Easter Sunday? Because we believe that people are dead in their sin without Jesus. Because we believe that LIFE is only found in Jesus. Because we believe in the power of the resurrection – Easter Sunday, every Sunday, and every day! Because lost people matter to God and therefore they ought to matter to us! Because LOVE really CAN change the world – one life at a time! That’s the why!
I love you! Can’t wait to see you and your friends on Sunday!
P.S. Consider giving a special “ALL IN” offering on Easter Sunday! For those of you who are new, “All In” is simply the name of our Giving Campaign for the new buildng. You can help us build our new building by giving above and beyond your regular giving and designating your gift – “ALL IN” or “new building.” No gift is too small (or too big for that matter) and every gift counts! We can’t all give the same amount, but together we can all sacrifice and give something.
Coastal exists to share & experience LIFE – the life of Jesus!