I AM SO READY TO SEE EVERYONE ON SUNDAY!! We are back to our regular service times – 9:30am & 11:15am. The next two weeks are going to be awesome as we prepare for our Big Day on October 1st. Yes, it’s official, we’re kicking off our “After God’s Heart” series on Sunday, October 1st with Tailgating, Kona Ice, Jump Castles AND outdoor Baptisms! Don’t miss it! Start thinking now about who you’re going to invite and bring! With moving the date, we could definitely use some more “Tailgaters”. Respond to this email or sign up on Sunday if you can participate.
LIFE Groups start this Sunday! It’s not too late to sign up! While there are multiple ways to sign up, you only have to sign up ONE TIME, ONE WAY! 1.) You can view the LIFE Group Catalog and sign up online. 2.) You can sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday. 3.) There will be several tables in the back of the auditorium with all the different sign up lists – you can sign up there. Once you sign up, your LIFE Group Leader will contact you before the Group begins.
Yes, we are still collecting supplies/donations the month of September for Hurricane Relief to send to Parkway Fellowship Church in Katy, TX http://parkwayfellowship.com/harvey. (See the list at the end of this email.) You can bring the supplies to the church during the week or on Sundays. If you would like to give above and beyond your regular giving, directly toward the Flood Relief, you can give through TEXTing. TEXT the amount to 843-277-8337 (space) and then type the keyword “Harvey” or “Irma”. The money given toward Irma will go toward relief here in Charleston or in Florida.
Speaking of relief here in Charleston, Josh and Carson Boyd from our church (you’ve probably seen Carson in the Nursery or in Child Check-In where she serves) had over 8 inches of water flood their home on James Island during the storm. They have two small children – a 2 year old girl and a 2 month old little boy. Right now, they’re living with family. They’ve already gutted their home, waiting on it to dry out, and then begins the process of rebuilding – sheetrock, flooring, etc. That’s where WE come in! I’ll be in touch with the Boyd’s and when the rebuilding process begins we’ll spread the word! If you’re willing and able to help, please let us know by responding to this email. Feel free to send a word of encouragement to Josh and Carson at: email@example.com Thank you in advance for having such caring/giving hearts.
- Please be praying for Matt Beam, one of our Elders, as he is having a tumor removed from one of his kidneys today at MUSC. We are praying for NO CANCER and complete healing. Matt will be out of work for approximately 2 weeks and won’t be able to lift anything for about a month. Feel free to send Matt & Kathy a note of encouragement at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Among many other things, Matt & Kathy also lead our awesome Cafe Team.
- Looking for an awesome place to serve? Have some available time during the week? Consider joining our “Monday Morning Follow-Up Team” or our “Super Service Friday Team.” The Monday Team meets on Mondays from 9-11am. The Friday Team meets Fridays from 10:30am-12:30pm. Both of these Teams are essential to accomplishing what we do on Sundays! If you’re interested in serving, simply respond to this email or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday. If you’re a mom with small children, we’ll even provide Child Care (just let us know the ages and number of children).
- Sunday, October 1st is going to be a BIG DAY at Coastal! We’ll be kicking off a new series, “After God’s Heart.” It’s a series about the life of David. Begin praying now about who you will invite and bring! Pray for your ONE! There will be Tailgating, Food, Jump Castles, Kona Ice, and Baptisms!
- WE NEED TAILGATERS for our Big Day, Sunday, October 1st. Respond to this email or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday if you’d like to participate.
- On Sunday, October 1st, after each service, in the center of all the Tailgating Tents we’re going to have an outdoor Baptism Service! You can sign up to get Baptized on our website, on your Connect Card, or simply respond to this email.
I LOVE OUR CHURCH!
PERSONAL CARE ITEMS
Shampoo / Conditioner Razors
New, packaged underwear & socks (all sizes)
Contact Lens Saline Solution
Clean Up Supplies:
Heavy duty trash bags
Box cutters / Sheetrock knives
Gift Cards in increments no larger than $100 (groceries, gas, Lowes/HomeDepot)
Ziplock bags (quart & gallon)