VBS is less than 2 weeks away, Monday night, July 21st – Friday night, July 24th, 6-8pm! We like to say at Coastal that VBS is “all hands on deck.” What that means is that to pull off an excellent VBS we need everyone at Coastal who considers Coastal their home to help in some way.
Most importantly, we need you to pray. Pray for all the children we will see for VBS. Typically, we serve & minister to approximately 175 individual kids the week of VBS. It is a great time in the life of a child to introduce or reinforce the love and message of Jesus.
Invite. Be that parent in your neighborhood, in your community that brings a van load of kids to VBS each night. You are potentially making an eternal difference in the life of that child – change a child, change the world! Use social media to invite your friends’ kids. Encourage them to pre-register!
Serve. Many, many of you have already signed up to serve in some capacity. We still need about 8 more Crew Leaders and 2 more Nursery Volunteers. Respond to this email if you can meet any of these needs and someone will contact you. Maybe you can’t come all 5 nights; drop by when you can come and Janet will put you to work. You won’t regret it.
And finally, if you haven’t yet done so, PLEASE PRE-REGISTER your child. This greatly helps with preparing our crews and getting ready for a great week of VBS! Even if your child can’t come each night, still bring them whenever you can come. Many children can’t come each night. And it still helps to PRE-REGISTER!
Here are 5 other things to remember:
- New to Coastal? Interested in learning more about the church and meeting other new people? Come to our next Newcomer’s Lunch, this Sunday, July 12th immediately after the 3rd (11:45am) service. Lunch and childcare provided. You can sign up on our website or by responding to this email.
- VBS Crew Leader Orientation Meeting on Monday night, July 13th, 7pm at the church.
- LOVE CAN Foster – School Supplies Drive. For the month of July, we will have a box in the Welcome Center to collect new backpacks and school supplies for kids in Foster Care. Help start the school year off right for those in need in our community.
- On Thursday, July 16th, 10am-4pm, our Students (6th-12th Grade) will be spending the day at Whirlin’ Waters! They will be meeting at and leaving from the church at 9:15am. Cost – $11. Lunch will be provided.
- PLEASE PRE-REGISTER YOUR CHILD for VBS if you haven’t yet done so!
P.S. I’m not sure if I mentioned this yet or not, but if you haven’t done so yet, it would help greatly if you would PLEASE PRE-REGISTER YOUR CHILD for VBS!
P.S.S. Our Beach Baptism Service has been rescheduled for Sunday, August 2nd, 5pm at Folly Beach County Park. You can sign up by responding to this email or signing up online.