I want to share something with you that I’m extremely excited about. Our church exists to share and experience the LIFE and LOVE of Jesus with Charleston and the world. LIFE & LOVE – a life worth living and a love worth giving! That’s our purpose, our mission. And we believe that one of the most powerful ways to accomplish that, to make a real IMPACT, is through serving. How do I know that? Because Jesus said that to find life, you give your life away in service to your neighbor.That’s exactly what we’re going to do this Summer together as a church – making an IMPACT for Jesus where we live, work, and play – right here in our beloved Charleston. We’re calling it the Summer of IMPACT. Our goal is to see over 2500 hours of community service from Saturday, June 2nd to Saturday, August 4th. There are over 20 different opportunities/organizations that we will be serving or partnering with multiple times over those two months. And just like Saturday Serve, we’re going to make it as easy as possible for you to sign up, show up, and serve. There is a page on our website where you can literally go and see each project listed in chronological order, the day and time, and all the information you need. You click a button to sign up and that’s it. We’ll also have a catalog available to explain all of the opportunities and each Sunday during Summer of IMPACT we’ll take a few minutes during our Sunday Service to highlight the week ahead. On Sunday, August 5th we’ll conclude Summer of IMPACT with a 2nd Beach Baptism AND a cookout/party immediately afterwards to celebrate all that God has done over the Summer!
Here’s what I want you to do: First and foremost I want you to pray. Pray that we will be the hands and feet of Jesus as together we serve our community. Pray that lives will be changed and people will be drawn to Jesus. And then, quite simply, I want you to sign up. Check out the website and dates, look at your calendar, and sign up for multiple events/days. In fact, you can start signing up today! There are LOTS of days, times, and events to choose from – everything from serving our Veterans, feeding the homeless, helping the elderly, and much, much more, even opportunities for the whole family to do together! I also want you to talk it up with your friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers and invite them to join you. Even people who don’t go to church and don’t know the Lord are looking for ways to do something significant with their lives. Leverage that God given desire and invite people to join you!
Coastal let’s open up a BIG OL’ CAN OF . . . LOVE on Charleston and together make an IMPACT for the Kingdom!
Making An IMPACT With You,
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
1. Attention all LIFE Group Leaders & LIFE Team Leaders (and spouses): our End of the Semester Celebration is TONIGHT, 6:30pm-8:30pm! Dinner & childcare provided! Don’t miss it! If you lead a Life Group or a Ministry, this is a great opportunity to celebrate all that God has done and to plan for the future! Can’t wait to see you tonight!
2. We announced earlier that Coastal will be hosting Oakland Elementary School’s 5th Grade Graduation Ceremony on Wednesday, May 30th at 9:30am. Well, it just keeps getting better! We’ve also been asked to host Orange Grove Middle School’s 8th Grade Award Ceremony! Their Award Ceremony will be the next day, Thursday, May 31st at 10:15am. Needless to say, we’ll be pulling out all the stops for both schools! This is a great opportunity to make a real IMPACT in our Community! Many people have already volunteered for the Wednesday morning Oakland Graduation, but if you’re available for the Thursday morning Awards Ceremony for Orange Grove, simply respond to this email.
3. We’re signing people up now for our Annual BEACH BAPTISM Services at Folly Beach! The date is Sunday, June 10th, 4pm at Folly Beach County Park! You can sign up online, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or simply respond to this email. This is a powerful experience that you will never forget! We’re having a 2nd Beach Baptism on Sunday, August 5th, 4pm at Folly Beach County Park. We’ll also be having a church wide cookout/party at the Pelican Watch Shelter immediately following the Baptism on August 5th to celebrate Summer of IMPACT!
4. Mark your calendars and save this date – Coastal’s VBS this year is Monday, July 16th – Friday, July 20th, 6pm-8pm, 4 year olds – 5th Grade. The theme is Shipwrecked – Rescued by Jesus! REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN! Spread the word and register today! Please fill out the VBS Volunteer Insert in this Sunday’s Bulletin to indicate where you would be willing to serve!
5. On Sunday, June 3rd, we kick off one of our favorite sermon series of the year – “At the Movies!” It’s where we use current, popular movies that people are seeing and talking about as a hook to talk about spiritual truth! This year’s tagline/theme is, “Heroes Assemble!” As always with this series there will be popcorn and several fun giveaways! Each week of the series ALL 1st time Guests will receive a FREE MOVIE TICKET to Citadel Mall Theater. In fact, if you bring a guest with you to church, come over the blue Welcome/Guest Tent and not only will your guest get a ticket, but you will too! So – who are you inviting?
P.S. Chair set-up this Saturday morning at 9am! Love for you to join us! With 6 or more people it only takes 30 minutes or less! Great exercise, great service, and great fun!