I hope this never gets old, but this past Sunday we had 3 more people give their lives to Jesus!!! I pray for the day that Acts 2:47 becomes a reality at Coastal, “And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.”
Our Easter services begin exactly one week from today! I hope you’re as excited as I am! Obviously, every Sunday is big here at Coastal in the sense that every Sunday is important, every Sunday we share the Gospel, and every week we encourage you to invite and bring your friends. But. . . there is still something special about Easter in our culture that we can leverage for the Kingdom. People are still slightly more open to an invitation at Easter than any other time of the year.
So, what can YOU do to help make Easter Weekend a success?
- Pray! Pray for the people you are inviting. Pray for all the people our church will be inviting. Pray for people to come to know Jesus. Pray for me & my message. We begin a new series on Easter called, “The Simple Life.” My message on Easter is going to be, “The Simple Gospel.” Beg God to draw people to Himself through our church!
- Invite! Make a personal goal to invite and bring so many people – see if you can fill up a row! Make phone calls. Send emails. Send personal messages on facebook and other social media. Send text messages. Our service times are: Friday, March 30, 7pm; Sunday, April 1st, 8am, 9:30am, 11:15am. You can register for your FREE Easter Service Tickets from our website: www.EasterAtCoastal.com. Spread the word and start registering NOW! By the way, have YOU registered for a service yet? YES, we even want our members & regular attenders to register for a Ticket/Service. It helps us to know which service is getting full so we can direct people to another service.
- Serve! A Big Day means we need more and more volunteers. If you’re not already serving somewhere, it’s time to start! We need you! Our 1st Impressions Team is a great place to get started. Give Chris Ranew our 1st Impressions LIFE Team Leader a call or send him an email – 706-941-2044, email@example.com. Our Children’s Ministry could definitely use more volunteers in Nursery or in any of their classes. Call Janet, our Children’s Ministry Leader or send her an email – 843-442-8299, firstname.lastname@example.org. Honestly, all of our Ministries need more volunteers! Respond to this email and we’ll get you connected.
- Get BAPTIZED ON EASTER WEEKEND! At Coastal, we’re ready any service and any Sunday for you to be Baptized! But if you’ve been waiting for that “little push”, why not do it over the Easter Weekend? You can sign up on your Connect Card or respond to this email – just let us know which service.
- 5 More Things to Consider on the day of the Easter itself – parking, service times, seating, giving, and Connect Cards. Parking: the further away you park, the better. Please park at Oakland and save the closer parking for guests. Service times: the key is come to the service that your guests are coming to. BUT THIS IS IMPORTANT, if it does not matter, PLEASE come to the Friday night 7pm Service or the Sunday morning 8am service! The Sunday morning 9:30am Service is by far the largest. Seating: no matter which service you come to, PLEASE sit to the front and center of each section. This makes more room for people as they come in. Giving: Big Days like Easter also mean extra expenses. At Coastal, among other things, that means advertising & outreach (direct mail, digital marketing, extra supplies, etc.). Make a commitment to give above and beyond over the Easter weekend. You can , our App, or TEXT any amount to 843-277-8337! And finally, everyone PLEASE, PLEASE FILL OUT A CONNECT CARD! Our Connect Cards are the only way we have to follow up and connect with our Guests. When you fill one out, it creates positive peer pressure for everyone to fill one out.
Whew! I think that’s about it! Easter Weekend is going to be AWESOME! Most importantly, people are going to come to Jesus! Like we always say Coastal, let’s pray like it all depends on God, let’s work, invite, and share like it all depends on us, let’s walk by faith, trust God with the results, and then celebrate the outcome!
P.S. Attention all parents and volunteers, as you start to make your Summer plans, mark your calendars and save this date – Coastal’s VBS this year is Monday, July 16th – Friday, July 20th, 6pm-8pm, 4 year olds – 5th Grade. The theme is Shipwrecked – Rescued by Jesus!