Well we’ve got two more weeks left in our Easter Fast! For those of you who have participated, I hope it’s been a truly spiritual experience – prayerful, challenging, thoughtful, encouraging – and most of all that it has pointed you toward the Savior. I know that personally I have felt your prayers and have seen God moving at our church. By the way, if you haven’t been fasting, there’s nothing that says you can’t join in and start a fast leading up to Easter. Just decide to give up something that would be a sacrifice for you (some sort of food or food group, social media, buying, negativity, worry, time, etc.) and commit to prayer and a time of devotion for the next two weeks. I promise that it will be a powerful experience. In fact, I’d love to hear about your experience! Shoot me a quick email and let me know what God’s been teaching you!
One way that I can tell that God has been moving is that we had 2 more people this past week give their lives to Jesus!!! One of them was a young girl. She prayed with her mom to accept Christ at home! It’s a testimony to the prayers and discipling of her family and to the partnership with our church and Coastal Kidz. The other person was a young woman who was invited to Coastal by her boyfriend and came this past Sunday for the first time. Her boyfriend is a Trainer at Chucktown Fitness, the gym that I go to – which means that he hears about Coastal from me, Justin, Zach, Leslie, and too many others to name! AGAIN, you never know THE POWER OF AN INVITATION!
This Sunday we’ll have another tool for you to use to invite people to Coastal for our Easter Services – a Ticket from Ticketmaster! But tools are of no use unless they are used! So – who are you praying for and inviting to 1 of our 4 Easter Services? And have YOU registered for a service yet? Yes, we even want our members & regular attenders to register for a Ticket/Service. It helps us to know which service is getting full so we can direct people to another service. Our service times are: Friday, March 30, 7pm; Sunday, April 1st, 8am, 9:30am, 11:15am. You can register for your FREE Easter Service Tickets from our website: www.EasterAtCoastal.com. Spread the word and start registering NOW!
- With 4 Identical Easter Services, it’s ALL HANDS ON DECK! In other words, we need everyone serving and volunteering! Touch base with your LIFE Team Leader and go ahead and sign up now – Coastal Kidz, 1st Impressions, Cafe, Security, Prayer Team. If you are not yet serving, respond to this email and we will help you find a place to serve God by serving others!
- Join one of our office volunteer groups: Monday Morning Follow-Up (Mondays from 9-11am) or Super Service Friday (Fridays 10:30am-12:30pm) in the Coastal Kidz Building. We’ll need lots of help Good Friday morning and the Monday after Easter! Childcare provided upon request. Respond to this email or sign up on your Connect Card.
- Get BAPTIZED ON EASTER WEEKEND! At Coastal, we’re ready any service and any Sunday for you to be Baptized! But if you’ve been waiting for that “little push”, why not do it over the Easter Weekend? You can sign up on your Connect Card or respond to this email – just let us know which service.
- If you haven’t heard yet, Pastor Scott and I are leading a Trip to the Holy Land – a trip of a life time! The dates are November 5-14, 2018. The cost is $4200 (could be less depending on how many people go). You can also learn more about the trip by visiting this link: http://www.maranathatours.com/Diamond-Nov-2018-Israel. If you are interested in going or have any questions, reach out to Pastor Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attention all parents and volunteers, as you start to make your Summer plans, mark your calendars and save this date – Coastal’s VBS this year is Monday, July 16th – Friday, July 20th, 6pm-8pm, 4 year olds – 5th Grade. The theme is Shipwrecked – Rescued by Jesus!
P.S. Big Days like Easter also mean extra expenses. At Coastal, among other things, that means advertising & outreach (direct mail, digital marketing, extra supplies, etc.). Remember it is the faithful, consistent, generous giving of our people that make all of that possible – period. There are multiple ways to give at Coastal. You can , our App, or TEXT any amount to 843-277-8337! It’s simple, safe, secure, and convenient! Give it a try today!