We start a new series this Sunday simply called “Joy.” My messages will be coming from the book of Philippians. You might consider reading through the book of Philippians as a part of your 40 Day Fast. Good thing that joy is NOT dependent on our circumstances, because the temperature drops a little bit this weekend after all this warm weather, it’s supposed to rain, AND it’s Time Change Sunday! But I know you won’t let any of those circumstances rob you of your joy and keep you from church this Sunday! By the way, as a little extra treat this Sunday, our Cafe will be serving hot, freshly baked chocolate chip cookies!
Also, on Sunday, a brand new Ministry/Group – “Embrace Grace” – will have a booth set up in the back of our auditorium to answer any questions and to get volunteers. Embrace Grace provides emotional, practical, and spiritual support for single, young pregnant women who find themselves in an unintended pregnancy. The primary goal of Embrace Grace is to empower the church to be a safe and non-judging place for the girls to run to when they find out they are pregnant, instead of the last place they are welcomed because of shame and guilt. So many Christians today claim to be “pro-life” and yet they do very little to help the lives of the hurting all around them. If you would like to learn more about how you can get involved, please contact Sara Kurzen (email@example.com) or Meghan Kane (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Easter Sunday is April 16th! We’ll be having 3 services – 8am (not exactly a “Sunrise Service” – but pretty early for some of you), 9:30am and 11:15am. Basically we’re adding the 8am service. Our mantra is come to which ever service you have guests coming to. If it doesn’t matter, come to the 8am or 11:15am. Start inviting now!
- New to Coastal? Want to learn more about the church and find out how to get connected? Join us for the next Newcomer’s Reception, Sunday, March 26th, immediately following the 11:15am service in the Welcome Center. Meet other new people and our staff, enjoy a slice of pizza, and discover possible next steps. Sign up online or on your Connect Card on Sunday.
- Interested in offically making Coastal your church home? Our next Membership Class is Saturday, April 1st (no fooling), 9am-12noon. Childcare and refreshments provided. Sign up online or on your Connect Card on Sunday.
- SAVE THE DATE: June 19th-23rd – Student Life Camp (6th-12th Grade) in Myrtle Beach, SC! Cost: $250. 10% off of your total cost if you register by 3/15. Deposit of $125 due by 4/16.
- There will be a Memorial Service for Willie West, this Tuesday, March 14th at our church, at 11am. There will be a reception for everyone immediately follow the Service at the James Island Yacht Club. Please respond to this email if you would be willing to help with parking or serve as a greeter at the doors for the service. Both need to be at the church by 10am.
Filled With JOY!
P.S. Don’t forget to “Spring Your Clocks Forward” one hour on Saturday night! It’s Time Change Weekend!