I want to thank everyone again for all the love shown to my family for my son’s wedding this past weekend! I say it all the time – this is not just a job for me, Coastal is my family! And what a loving family I have!
One of the things that made this past Sunday so awesome was the response to all the food that was given to our Food Bank from Oakland Elementary School. We bagged it all up and then encouraged everyone to take a bag and help us feed our community. ALL THE FOOD WAS TAKEN! You guys ROCK!
I hope you’re as excited as I am for our 2 Christmas Eve Candlelight Services, tomorrow night, Saturday, December 24th, 5:30pm or 7pm! We’ve had a Christmas Eve Service from the beginning of our church, however we’ve not actually incorporated lighting candles in a long time – maybe 10 years! Honestly, I’m looking forward to it. There’s just something nostalgic, something warm, something beautiful about lighting candles, listening to O Holy Night, passing the light along, and singing Silent Night together! And leading up to that my brief message will be about Jesus – the light of the world! I hope you’ll come. I hope you’ll invite and bring guests!
Our entire offering for both Christmas Eve Services will be going to our Christmas Offering. As always, you can give online, text, our app, swipe a bank card, or use the offering envelope. Since so many people will be out of town and we will only have 1 service (9:30am) on January 1st, you can give toward the Christmas Offering until January 8th.
Please be praying for our WAVES Student Ministry (6th-12th Grade). Their Winter Retreat is fast approaching – January 13-16! They are taking the largest group we’ve ever had – 60 (students & chaperones)! Parents, all money for the Retreat is due Friday, January 6th. If you are interested in sponsoring a Student or helping to cover expenses, please contact Ryan Spell – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We’re in the planning stages of our Spring Semester (February-May) of LIFE Groups. If you are intersted in leading, assisting, or hosting a group, please let us know on your Connect Card on Saturday night.
- There is a First Impressions Team Oyster Roast/Planning Meeting on Sunday, January 8th, 2017, 4-6:30pm at Coastal! It’s for all current 1st Impressions Team Members and those interested in serving!
- Interested in offically making Coastal your church home? Our next Membership Class is Monday, January 9th, 6-9pm. Childcare and refreshments provided. Sign up online or on your Connect Card on Saturday night.
- New to Coastal? Want to learn more about the church and find out how to get connected? Join us the next Newcomer’s Reception, Sunday, January 22nd, 2017 immediately following the 11:15am service in the Welcome Center. Meet other new people and our staff, enjoy some great desserts and coffee, win some prizes and discover possible next steps. Sign up online or on your Connect Card on Saturday night.
- Looking for a place to serve at Coastal? Don’t want to miss a service? Enjoy technology and fast on your feet (fingers)? We’re looking for volunteers in our Tech Booth – specifically with computer (slide presentation), lights, and video. If you’re slightly tech savvy and have the desire, we’d love to train you! Respond to this email, contact Christopher (email@example.com), or let us know on your Connect Card.
P.S. There will be no services on Sunday morning, December 25th. There will only be one service on Sunday morning, January 1st, 9:30am. Our Christmas Services are on Christmas Eve – 5:30pm & 7pm.