Well today at 4pm I have the great privilege of performing the wedding ceremony for my son Christopher and his fiance Lizzy! To say that I’m excited is an understatement! Keep me in your prayers. I think our staff has an office pool going for how long it takes for me to break down into a blubbering mess. But the good news is that they will be tears of joy! We absolutely love Lizzy and couldn’t be more proud of them both. We’re not losing our son, we’re gaining a daughter! And you’re all invited to the party/reception afterwards at Palmetto Brewery at 7pm. Love for you to join us!
We continue our Christmas series entitled, “Misfits” this Sunday. Each week we’re looking at some of the unlikely characters and circumstances of the Christmas Story. This is a great time of the year to make an easy invite and bring a friend!
And speaking of inviting and bringing friends – make plans now to come to one of our 2 Christmas Eve Candlelight Services, Saturday, December 24th, 5:30pm or 7pm! And yes – we will be lighting candles! It’s going to be a lot of fun and we will be giving away some gifts at the end of each service!
And speaking of Christmas, don’t forget about our Christmas Offering. The Christmas Offering is a special/separate offering that we challenge our entire church to give above and beyond toward. Each year, the money given goes to some amazing things. This year the money will be used for Student Ministry (camp), Children’s Ministry (VBS), Haiti (solar powered generator for the well), remodeling the old kitchen (Food Bank), and our Community Partner (Oakland). You can give online, text, our app, swipe a card on Sunday, or use the offering envelope. However you give toward the Christmas Offering, just make sure you designate it with the word “Christmas.” Our entire offering at both of our Christmas Eve Services will be going toward the Christmas Offering. If you’re here, you might want to give then.
- Our Food Bank has been blessed with an abundance of food donated from Oakland Elementary School. This Sunday in each of our services we will have tables with bags of food. Please come to church on Sunday, prepared to take a bag of food and give it to someone in need.
- We’re in the planning stages of our Spring Semester (February-May) of LIFE Groups. If you are intersted in leading, assisting, or hosting a group, please let us know on your Connect Card on Sunday.
- There is a First Impressions Team Oyster Roast/Planning Meeting on Sunday, January 8th, 2017, 4-6:30pm at Coastal! It’s for all current 1st Impressions Team Members and those interested in serving!
- Interested in offically making Coastal your church home? Our next Membership Class is Monday, January 9th, 6-9pm. Childcare and refreshments provided. Sign up online or on your Connect Card on Sunday.
- There will be no services on Sunday morning, December 25th. There will only be one service on Sunday morning, January 1st, 9:30am. Our Christmas Services are on Christmas Eve – 5:30pm & 7pm.
P.S. This Saturday, 9am (tomorrow morning) is the LAST CHAIR SET UP OF 2016! We get to leave the chairs set up the next 2 weeks!