Guess what Coastal? We wrapped & packed 156 shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child! I want to thank all of you who donated toys and time to make this happen. You are helping to sow the seeds of the Gospel all around the world. Change the life of a child – change the world!
I also want to give you a new building update. We got a few important inspections behind us, which means we were able to start “closing up” the inside with insulation and sheetrock this week! In other words, the inside is really starting to take shape. Drop by during the week and we’d love to give you a tour. I can’t thank you enough for your patience. My mantra is, “I’d rather it be right, than rushed.” I know you feel the same way. Keep praying that we can navigate the red tape and bureaucracy in a timely, God honoring manner (did I say that in a kind way?). I also can’t thank you enough for your sacrificial giving toward this project. Keep it up! Every dollar goes toward making this dream a reality and expanding the Kingdom by enabling our church to continue to grow! Thank you!
Speaking of giving, I’m so excited about this year’s Annual Christmas Offering! Our initial goal is $50,000! I say “initial” goal because someone has already generously donated a $25,000 matching gift. In other words, they will match anything we give up to $25,000. I say we can give that and beyond.
Our Christmas Offering will be used to fund 3 projects: building/digging a well in Haiti, funding our LOVE CAN Help A Child budget, and renovating our Children’s area/new child check-in in our current facility as we move into our new facility.
To give, all you have to do is designate your gift “Christmas” on your check, offering envelope, card swiping receipt, pay pal, or TEXT (keyword “Christmas”). You can give your gift beginning this Sunday, Nov. 22nd – Jan. 3rd, at any of our regular Sunday morning services or anytime through TEXTing or PayPal. You might also consider giving it all at once during one of our 4 Christmas Eve Services (Wednesday, December 23rd, 5:30pm & 7pm / Thursday, December 24th, 5:30pm & 7pm). Our entire Christmas Eve offering will go toward our Annual Christmas Offering. Feel free to pick up a Christmas Offering Bank to include your whole family!
A quick Staffing update: We are currently trying to fill 2 Full Time Staff positions – Administrative Assistant & Youth Pastor. We are taking resumes, scheduling interviews, and going through the hiring process. In the meantime, I can not say enough about our current staff, our part time staff, and all our volunteers! You guys ROCK – especially our Student Ministry Volunteers!
Here are 5 things to remember:
- The remaining balance for the Youth Winter Retreat (6th-12th Grade) will be due Dec. 13th ($175 total). The retreat is Jan. 15th-Jan. 18th in Pigeon Forge, TN. We are also accepting donations for scholarships.
- Christmas Offering begins this Sunday, Nov. 22nd – Sunday, Jan. 3rd! Goal: $50,000!
- Coastal’s 2015 Christmas Eve Services: 4 Services – Wednesday, December 23rd, 5:30pm & 7pm / Thursday, December 24th, 5:30pm & 7pm. In addition to how you serve already, we need EVERYONE to find a place to serve at our Christmas Even Services. All hands on deck!
- Interested in Leading a LIFE Group for the 2016 Winter/Spring Semester? Have a new idea for a LIFE Group? Let us know NOW! We are in the process of planning the new semester. Simply respond to this email.
- We will have our full & normal Children’s Ministry during each of our 4 Christmas Eve services. All Children, 2 years – 5th Grade, will have an age appropriate Pizza & Movie Party! We’re even encouarging all children to wear their Christmas P.J.’s!
Hoping You Have A Wonderful Thanksgiving!
P.S. Janet and I will be heading to Atlanta next week (Tuesday – Friday) to see Janet’s family for Thanksgiving!