I don’t know about you, but it’s hard to believe that Thanksgiving is already here next week. Before you know it, Christmas will come and go and it will be 2017. It’s so easy to get wrapped up in the cares and concerns of this world and forget all that we have to be grateful for, to forget Paul’s simple instruction for life found in 1 Thessalonians 5:18, “No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.”
I have so much to be thankful for – more than I could ever list – my wife, my children, my new daughter (December 16th!), my health, and somewhere near the top of that list is YOU, my Coastal family! I mean that. I am truly a blessed man. I love what I do and more importantly I love who I get to do it with. We’re not perfect, but we’re FAMILY! We’re becoming, day by day, moment by moment, more and more like God already sees us in Christ Jesus – perfect! And together we get to bring glory to God, exalt His Son Jesus, and by the very power of the Holy Spirit, beat down the gates of Hell, kick Satan in the teeth, and rescue this world one life at a time. We get do that by loving, serving, giving, sharing, and being the hands, feet, and voice of Jesus to a hurting, hopeless, and dying world. It doesn’t get any better than that! Thank you Jesus!
This Sunday is the first week to give to our Annual Christmas Offering! Simply designate your gift with the word “Christmas”. Our Christmas Offering is our chance to sacrificially give above and beyond our regular offering so that we can fully fund some exciting Kingdom Initiatives. Our BHAG (Big Hairy Audacious Goal) is $50,000! Pray about your gift. Talk to your family and see how your whole family can get involved in sacrificing together. You can give any time between this Sunday and Sunday, January 1st.
I begin a new Christmas sermon series beginning December 4th called, “Misfits.” The series is all about how God uses the most unlikely of characters and circumstances to do extraordinary things. You can see that loud and clear in the Christmas story! You can also see that every day in you and me. In many ways, we’re “Misfits” – damaged, broken, discarded human beings, but made beautiful, useful and wanted in God’s Kingdom. Don’t miss this series! And as always, invite and bring a friend!
- Tonight is House Party for our WAVES Student Minstry and they are taking it to the MOVIES!! They are going to see the 6:45pm showing of “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them!” It is opening night in the IMAX at Citadel Mall for the movie so be there by 6:15pm so they can get seats. The church has already purchased the tickets and we are covering the cost of them. All you need to bring is a FRIEND and some money for snacks!!! Email email@example.com if your Student and any friends are going.
- We are having a church wide Wedding Shower for Christopher Rollins (my son and Coastal’s Band Director) & Elizabeth “Lizzy” Willingham on Sunday, December 4th, 5pm at the church. Everyone is invited. There will be plenty of food, fun, and CAKE! They are registered at Target, Amazon, and Zola.
- Do you play an instrument? Can you sing? We are looking to expand our Worship Team at Coastal! Auditions will be held on Thursday, December 1st, at 7pm. If you are interested in auditioning as a vocalist or instrumentalist, please contact our Band Director, Christopher Rollins at firstname.lastname@example.org, 843-822-0301, or respond to this email.
- We’re in the planning stages of our Spring Semester (February-May) of LIFE Groups. If you are intersted in leading, assisting, or hosting a group, please let us know on your Connect Card on Sunday.
- Make your plans now to attend one of our 2 Christmas Eve Services, Saturday, December 24th, 5:30pm & 7pm. There will be no services on Sunday morning, December 25th. There will only be one service on Sunday morning, January 1st, 9:30am.
P.S. There will be a Visitation at the West Ashley Stuhrs off of the Glen McConnell, this Sunday, November 20th, from 4-6pm, for Hank Lane. The Funeral Service will be at Coastal on Monday at 11am with a Graveside immediately following the service at Live Oak on Hwy. 61. There will be a reception for Family and Friends back at Coastal immediately following the Graveside.