Well, the election is finally over and our nation has a new President-elect in Donald Trump. Regardless of how you voted this past Tuesday, I bet no one would have thought that statement was possible 5 years ago. But it is a fact. The truth is, our mission as followers of Jesus hasn’t changed. It’s the same as it was on Monday, the day before the election, and it’s the same as it is today, after the election. It’s the same as it was during the Bush Administration as it is during the Obama Administration and it will be the same during the Trump Administration.
Our mission is to seek and save the lost – to do anything short of sin to see people come to Jesus! Our job is to be the hands and feet of Jesus in a hurting world. This is not our home. We are simply passing through. We are citizens of another Kingdom. “But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.” (Philippians 3:20-21)
Our hope is not in this world, a political party, or a president. It’s in Christ and and Christ alone. How you respond during times like these and how you treat people who think differently than you, says a lot about who you are and who you truly put your hope in. If this election and these times have taught us anything, it’s that people are searching for help and hope. The GOOD NEWS is that we have the answer! His name is JESUS! So let’s rise up and truly be the church to the world around us! And don’t forget, the Bible is crystal clear that our responsibility is to pray for those in authority.
I hope you are as excited as I am about our Annual Christmas Offering! Our Christmas Offering is our chance to sacrificially give above and beyond our regular offering so that we can fully fund some exciting Kingdom Initiatives. Our BHAG (Big Hairy Audacious Goal) is $50,000! You can start giving toward the Christmas Offering beginning next Sunday, November 20th – simply designate your gift with the word “Christmas.”
Speaking of Christmas – TODAY IS OUR OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD WRAPPING/PACKING PARTY! Bring your whole family to Coastal at 6:30pm and get into the true spirit of Christmas by preparing boxes of Christ’s love to be sent to hurting/needy children around the world! It really is a great way to kick off the Holidays
- New to Coastal? Interested in learning more our our church? Like to meet our staff and key ministry leaders, other new people, and discover possible next steps? Sign up and come to our next Newcomer’s Lunch on Sunday, November 13th, immediately following the 11:15am service. Respond to this email, sign up online, or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday.
- We are having a church wide Wedding Shower for Christopher Rollins (my son and Coastal’s Band Director) & Elizabeth “Lizzy” Willingham on Sunday, December 4th, 5pm at the church. Everyone is invited. There will be plenty of food, fun, and CAKE! They are registered at Target, Amazon, and Zola.
- Do you play an instrument? Can you sing? We are looking to expand our Worship Team at Coastal! Auditions will be held on Thursday, December 1st, at 7pm. If you are interested in auditioning as a vocalist or instrumentalist, please contact our Band Director, Christopher Rollins at email@example.com, 843-822-0301, or respond to this email.
- Did you know that Coastal has a group of volunteers who help to ensure that our campus, our services, and our children are safe and secure each and every Sunday? We do! They’re called the Security Team! If you are interested in joining our Security Team respond to this email or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday.
- We’re in the planning stages of our Spring Semester (February-May) of LIFE Groups. If you are intersted in leading, assisting, or hosting a group, please let us know on your Connect Card on Sunday.
P.S. The Memorial Service for Taylor Stewart’s (our drummer) mom is this Sunday at 5pm at Coastal.