We also made the decision to postpone the launch of ALL LIFE Groups ONE WEEK. In other words, all LIFE Groups will begin the week of September 23rd. We’re still not sure what this weekend will look like in Charleston, when people who evacuated will return, and when school will resume. With all that uncertainty, it just makes sense to postpone all of our Groups one week.
We also decided to reschedule our Big Day and the kick-off of “Losing My Religion” for NEXT Sunday, September 23rd. After all the events of this week, I can’t think of a better time to put our faith into action and serve our community. Don’t forget, we will have 3 services – 8:30am, 10am, 11:30am! We are asking you to bring: supplies for Habitat for Humanity, food for our Food Bank, toys for Operation Christmas Child, sign up to give blood through the Red Cross and sign up to volunteer at Oakland Elementary School. All of those details are located on our website. If you are a volunteer and you are able, please connect with your Ministry Leader and plan to serve for one of our 3 services NEXT WEEK, September 23rd.
You definitely won’t hear this from the media this week, but I believe that the weakening of this storm is nothing more than an answer to prayer. But please keep praying. Pray for all those affected by the storm and for those who will be responding. Pray for believers everywhere to rise up and be the hands and feet of Jesus to those who are hurting. Pray for our Big Day next week, that we can leverage all the events of this week to put our faith in action and make an IMPACT in our community. Pray for your ONE! Pray for everyone who got our postcard this week, that it will still have an IMPACT next week and beyond. Wherever you are and whenever you return, know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay safe and stay prayerful. I really can’t wait to hear all your stories, HUG ALL YOUR NECKS, and hopefully see you and all your friends next Sunday, September 23rd! It’s going to be AWESOME! I love you Coastal! I love being your Pastor, and I love what we get to do together!
LIFE & LOVE,
1. Our 1st Impressions Team needs your help preparing for our 3 services (8:30am, 10am, 11:30am) on our Big Day on Sunday, September 23rd! Would you be willing to: drive a golf cart from the parking lot to the auditorium; stand at the guest tent and welcome first time guests; open a door before and after the service and tell people “Welcome to Coastal!”; greet people in the parking lot, making sure they know where to go; pass out bulletins so everyone gets a Connect Card and sermon outline; greet people in the auditorium so people can easily find a seat? Those are just a few spots that we need to fill for all three services! If you are interested in serving, please respond to this email or reach out to Chris Ranew at email@example.com or call him at 706-941-2044.
2. FINALLY. . .LIFE Groups start the week of Sunday, September 23rd! There are 3 different ways to sign up for Groups at Coastal, but you only have to sign up one time/one way. You can sign up on your Connect Card, online from our website, or at the LIFE Group Tables in the back of our auditorium. Go to our website, check out the catalog, and sign up for a LIFE Group today!
3. It’s that time of year again – FOOTBALL (Go Tigers!) – which also means it’s time for our Annual Coastal Tailgating Day – Sunday, October 16th! We’d love to have at least 15-20 people/groups volunteer for Tailgating. This year, if you tailgate, you won’t feel the pressure to feed everyone! We’re going to have a couple of people designated to provide food and we’ll provide the drinks. We’ll also have jump castles and other outdoor activities for the kids. And then after each service, in the center of all the Tailgating Tents we’re going to have an outdoor Baptism Service! You can sign up to get Baptized on our website, on your Connect Card, or simply respond to this email. Also, you can sign up to Tailgate by simply responding to this email or on your Connect Card beginning next Sunday, September 23rd. Wear your Team Colors!
4. I’m so proud of the way our church has responded to serving over at Oakland Elementary School – 40+ volunteers! If you would be willing to donate 1 hour a month or more of your time and make a difference in our community, please contact Susan Cumbie or respond to this email. For those of you who have already signed up, make sure you complete the CCSD volunteer form. You will also have an opportunity to sign up to serve next Sunday, September 23rd at the kick-off of “Losing My Religion.”
5. Our next “Saturday Serve” is Saturday, October 6th (the first Saturday of every month)! Meet at the church at 8:30am, learn about some awesome service opportunities, pray, and GO SERVE!
P.S. With Coastal canceling services this weekend, this is the perfect time for you to give online. Your consistent, faithful, generous giving enables our church to make its IMPACT! It’s easy, safe, and secure! You can give through our website, our App (yes, we have a FREE App), or TEXT any amount to 843-277-8337! Thank you!