I’d love to hear about who you’re inviting to our Big Day on Sunday, September 16th (respond to this email with their names). The week before the Big Day, we’re going to be mailing out a large postcard to all of West Ashley, James Island, and Johns Island – over 70,000 homes! Please pray that the card will reach just the right people and that God will prepare the hearts of the people receiving it. And this is important. To make room for all of your friends and everyone we’re inviting, we’re changing our service times and adding a 3rd service just for that Sunday. Our service times for Sunday, September 16th will be 8:30am, 10am, & 11:30am! We’ll go back to our current service times the following week. But I’ll be honest with you – I can’t wait until we HAVE to go to 3 services because of the growth of our church!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
1. There is a Peru Missions Tripinformation meeting this Sunday, August 26th at 1pm at the church. The Mission Trip to Lima, Peru is next year, June 25th – July 2nd, 2019. Come hear all the details and learn how you can make a difference in Peru.
2. DON’T FORGET – next Sunday, September 2nd(Labor Day Weekend), there will be only 1 combined worship Service at 9:30am. There will be NO 11:15am service. Our 9:30am service will be live online as usual.
3. Our next Newcomer’s Reception is Sunday, September 9th, immediately after the 11:15am service! It’s a great next step for people new to Coastal. You’ll have the opportunity to learn more about Coastal, meet our staff & ministry leaders, and meet other new people just like yourself. It only lasts about 40 minutes, and pizza & childcare are provided. You can sign up online or simply respond to this email to let us know you’re coming.
4. Join us on Sunday night, September 9th, at 6pm for a special night of prayer and worship as we officially ordain Ryan Spell into full time Christian Ministry as a Pastor. We will also have a special time of prayer for our Big Day the following Sunday! There will be childcare and a reception! Don’t miss it!
5. Looking for a great place to serve at Coastal? Have flexible morning hours? Consider joining the Monday Morning Follow-up Team & the Super Service Friday Team! The Monday Team meets from 9am-11am and the Friday Team meets from 10am-12noon. Both Teams meet in the Coastal Kidz Building. You will have the opportunity to help with follow-up from the Sunday Service. You will help with processing Connect Cards, data entry, recycle bulletins, connect with our 1st and 2nd time guests, pull together the prayer requests for the Coastal Prayer Team, and help prepare for Sunday Services. You’ll work with other awesome volunteers and make a huge IMPACT on our ministry. Childcare is provided if needed. If you are interested in volunteering you can simply respond to this email or contact Rachel Speer directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.S. WAVES Wednesdays resumes this coming Wednesday, August 29th, 6pm-8:15pm for our WAVES Student Ministry (6th-12 Grades)! WAVES Wednesday is a night of Games, Food, Fun, Worship, Teaching & Small Groups! Get your Student and his/her friends here!