Well, I hope you’ve begun to figure out what Group you plan on joining this semester or at least that you’re as excited as I am for LIFE Group Sunday this week at Coastal! That’s right! It’s time to get everyone signed up for the Fall Semester of our “Daring Faith” LIFE Groups! LIFE Group Sunday is similar to a Job/College Fair, but for LIFE GROUPS! You’ll come to our Worship Service & check in your kids, just like normal, but our Worship Service will be a little shorter. We’ll then dismiss our adults (not the children) to go out to the giant tent to check out all the different groups (we’ll let you know when to go pick up your kids at the normal time).
Not only will you get to check out all the different Groups, but you will get to meet the Group Leaders, enjoy some great snacks, and have a BLAST! Most importantly – you can sign up for a LIFE Group! Don’t miss it! And as always – invite & bring a friend!
Our church wide “Daring Faith” Campaign kicks off on Sunday morning, September 22nd! Don’t miss out on what God is going to do in our church and in your life personally this Fall. If you haven’t already done so, make sure you sign up for one of the Daring Faith Campaign Information Meetings! These are NOT LIFE Groups! We have 13 different meetings to choose from – different days and times. We’re also providing childcare & food at all of them. We’re doing everything we can to make it easy and convenient for everyone to attend just one of these meetings. It’s at these meetings that you’ll receive your Daring Faith packet, coloring book, offering bank, and commitment card. We’ll explain the campaign, what we’re going to build, and how you can be a part of it. You can sign up 1 of 4 ways: on your Connect Card on Sunday, at the Daring Faith Campaign Table in the back of the auditorium, respond to this email, or directly from our website.
Also, Parents, THIS Sunday, August 25th, during both services Coastal Kidz is having a Back to School Party in our 3 year old – 5th Grade classes. Rising 1st Graders will also move into the 1st-5th Grade Class located in the Children’s Auditorium. This would be a great Sunday to bring in school supplies for our Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes! Most needed items are pencils, erasers, manual pencil sharpeners, pens, crayons, small composition notebooks, solar powered calculators, rulers, glue sticks (no liquid glue), and pencil cases. You can drop the donations off at the OCC Collection Box in the back of the auditorium.
I want to thank everyone who brought back blue Coastal bags filled with food to replenish our Community Food Bank. We take donations each and every Sunday!
Daring to Step Out In Faith With You!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- Did you know that we now have a College & Young Adult (18-25) Ministry at Coastal? Scott Huff, our new Associate Pastor, is leading this Ministry. In fact, he’s hosting a College/Young Adult “Daring Faith” LIFE Group at his home this semester on Tuesday nights at 7pm starting September 24th. You can sign up online or at the church this Sunday!
We’re also taking our College Students & Young Adults to this year’s Passion Conference, Dec. 31 – Jan. 2 in Atlanta, GA! What an awesome way to usher in the New Year! The total cost for the trip is $200 due by September 15th. The cost will go up to $230 after September 15th. That cost includes conference, travel, & lodging (food is the only additional cost). If you’re interested in going and would like more information, please contact Scott Huff at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reserve your spot today from our website!
- Attention all Mothers of Preschool children: MOPS is just around the corner! MOPS will be having their Kick-off Party on Wednesday, August 28th, 9:30am-11am in the Coastal Kidz building on our campus. All Moms of kids ages birth- Kindergarten are invited to come and register to be a part of MOPS, secure their childcare spot, meet the leaders and learn more about living life To The FULL – this year’s theme.
- New to Coastal? Join us Sunday, September 15th, in the Welcome Center immediately following the 11:15am service for our next Newcomers Reception. This is a great way to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people. Pizza and childcare provided. RSVP online or on your Connect Card. You can also simply respond to this email and let us know that you’re coming.
- Get Ready! On Wednesday, September 4, our Waves Student Ministry will be kicking off their new semester! From 6pm-8pm every Wednesday, Students 6th-12th Grade are invited to bring all their friends to come out for a night filled with food, games, worship, message and small groups. You’re not going to want to miss out! Make sure to check out the Waves Student Ministry Instagram for more update – @wavesstudentministry.
- Mark your calendars – our next Saturday Serve is Saturday, September 7th! If you haven’t come to a Saturday Serve yet, make plans to come in September! I promise you, you’ll be glad you came and that you will receive so much more than you give. Saturday Serve is open to EVERYONE in our community. You do not need to be a Member of our church to participate (you don’t even have to be an attender). We meet in the Coastal Café at 8:30am. After a few minutes of getting to know one another, leaders of multiple projects will brief you on the particulars of the projects they are leading. Afterwards, you’ll choose the project that’s of interest to you and off you’ll go! All projects are typically finished before lunchtime, so it’s not a sacrifice of your entire Saturday. Come out and help us tangibly share and experience the LIFE and LOVE of Jesus with our community!
P.S. We’re looking for volunteers to serve over at Oakland Elementary School this year – the Elementary School across the street from our church. At Coastal, we believe that if you change the life of a child, you help to change the world! We have a special relationship with Oakland that has been built on years and years of service and generosity (and quite a few doughnuts and lots of coffee). If you would be willing to assist in a classroom, help classes in the lunchroom, or even be a Lunch Buddy, please respond to this email or reach out to Susan Cumbie at Susan.Cumbie@us.bosch.com. Let’s help make this the best year ever at Oakland!