Well, it’s finally here! This Sunday, November 10th is Commitment Sunday! Honestly, at this point I feel like there’s not a lot more to say that I haven’t already said. In fact, you should have received an email from me earlier this week going over all the details. If you haven’t already done so, please take a moment to read it. If you are going to be out of town or for some reason can’t make it to church this weekend, please turn in your Commitment and Offering online or drop it off any time between now and next Sunday so that we can include it in the announcement total for Miracle Sunday, November 17th.
So, here’s my simple prayer for this Sunday. It comes from Philemon 1:6, “And I am praying that you will put into action the generosity that comes from your faith as you understand and experience all the good things we have in Christ.” Wow! How powerful is that?! That verse perfectly describes what this Sunday is all about. Slowly read that verse again one more time and let it sink in.
I love you Coastal and I love what we get to do together! See you Sunday!
Daring to Believe With You!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- This coming January 17-20 our Students are heading back up to Pigeon Forge, TN for the Strength to Stand Conference. It will be an amazing weekend of faith and fellowship led by speakers such as Scott Dawson, Wade Morris, Jonathon Evans and Algernon Tennyson and artists like Rush of Fools, FRVR Free and Hillsong Young & Free. Outside of the conference, they will be staying at one of the largest cabins in TN, enjoying some awesome meals and even going indoor snow tubing. It’s a weekend you won’t want to miss. Cost of the retreat is $250. If you are in need of financial assistance or might be interested in providing a scholarship for a student, contact Pastor Ryan Spell. Also, go ahead and fill out the medical release on the Student Page of our Website to reserve your spot.
- Christmas might seem like a long way off, but December is just right around the corner! Our church responded so well to the “Daring Faith” Daily Devotional that we’ve written a daily devotional entitled “The Reason” to help you along during this Christmas season. The devotional will be emailed out to you each morning from December 1st through the 25th. The devotionals cover several Old Testament prophecies, the events around Jesus’ birth, and His character. If you would like to receive the daily devotional please email Pastor Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org or check the box on your Connect Card this Sunday. We pray that this small daily reminder will keep the focus on “The Reason” for the Season!
- We only have 1 full week left to bring toys and supplies for Operation Christmas Child! Operation Christmas Child is a simple, tangible way to share the love of Jesus with children in need all around the world. We will be Sorting & Setting Upeverything on Friday, November 15th, 4-8pm. Our Wrapping & Packing Party will be Saturday morning, November 16th, 10am at the church. Here are some suggested things to bring: Hot Wheels cars, children’s jewelry, small balls, stuffed animals, books, noise makers, yo-yo’s, travel size games, cards, small craft kits, stickers, flashlights with batteries, brushes, combs, toothbrushes, hairbands, small notebooks, pencils, pens, erasers, solar powered calculators, markers, crayons, colored pencils, pencil sharpeners, rulers, socks (no perishables, liquids, used items, candy, or toys associated with war or fighting). We could still use some BIG shoeboxes!
- Sunday, November 17th is Miracle Sunday! We will make the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT of what God did through us and CELEBRATE! To do that we’re going to have a Tailgate Party & Outdoor Baptism! Out on our front lawn after both services we’ll have Tailgaters, jump castles, and outdoor activities for the kids. We’ll provide the food. If you’d like to Tailgate and haven’t already signed up, simply respond to this email! Also, please let us know if you would like to get Baptized on this day! You can respond to this email or sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday!
- Interested in formalizing your commitment to Coastal and officially making our church, your church family? Our next Membership Class is Monday night, November 18th 6pm-9pm. Childcare and light refreshments are provided. You can sign up for the class on our website, your Connect Card,or byresponding to this email.
P.S. We are in the planning stages right now of the 2020 Winter/Spring Semester of LIFE Groups! If you are interested in leading, assisting, or hosting a LIFE Group, please sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday or respond to this email. If you have any questions you can also reach out to Pastor Scott Huff at email@example.com. LIFE Group Sunday will be January 26th!
P.S.S. Mark your calendars now! On Friday evening, December 6th, from 6:30-8:30PM, Coastal is having its Volunteer Banquet! This includes all Volunteers and Life Group Leaders and their spouses and children. If you serve, volunteer, or lead in any capacity at Coastal you are invited! It will be a time to thank our volunteers, worship, and for Pastor Chris to share a few things from his heart. Childcare will be provided. If you plan on coming, please respond to this email or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday. Please indicate if you need childcare (how many children & ages) and how many total people will be attending so we can plan accordingly.