This is a busy & exciting weekend for us here at Coastal! Tonight at 6pm is our Operation Christmas Child Wrapping & Packing Party! Actually, there will be some volunteers here at the church today at 11am getting everything ready. If you’re available, come on over! But don’t miss tonight! It really is a great way to start off the Holiday Season – both Thanksgiving & Christmas! And yes, we could always use more toys & supplies to fill boxes. If you can’t bring them by early today, just bring them with you tonight.
Saturday morning is our monthly Saturday Serve event! Saturday Serve meets the first Saturday of every month at 8:30am in the Welcome Center. We explain all the different serving opportunities that day, pray, and then send everyone off. It’s a tangible way to be the hands and feet of Jesus, serving our community. Chris Jones leads this ministry. If you have any questions, shoot him an email.
The other reason I’m excited about this weekend is that I leave for our Israel trip on Sunday afternoon (we return to the states on November 14th)! Actually, to say that I’m excited is quite the understatement! I’ve been to Israel one other time – when I was 15 years old with my then Youth Pastor, Mike Diamond. And one of the reasons this trip is so special is that Mike Diamond, now a Pastor, is going with us! We’re going to be rooming together – just like old times! While I’m sure that Israel & the Holy Land haven’t changed much in 36 years, I know I sure have. I’ll be posting A LOT of pictures and updates. Follow me on Facebook & Instagram (jampastorchris) to keep up with our adventures! And most importantly, please keep all of us in your prayers. There are a total of 15 people going on this tour.
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
1. Looking for a great place to serve and get connected here at Coastal? Consider joining our 1st Impressions Team! Each week 1st Impression volunteers are greeting people at the door, passing out bulletins, assisting with parking and so much more to help create a warm, welcoming environment for everyone! If you are interested in volunteering, simply respond to this email or contact Chris Ranew at 706-941-2044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Coastal Kidz Children’s Ministry is kicking off a brand new curriculum soon and all volunteers, including assistants and student volunteers, will need to go through one of the two Training Sessions offered: Friday, November 16th, 6:30pm-8:30pm OR Saturday, December 8th, 10am-12noon. RSVP for a session on your Connect Card or respond to this email.
3. Attention all Coastal Volunteers! Let us show you our APPRECIATION by joining us for a special night of THANKS & VISION (an exciting announcement from Pastor Chris) on Friday night, November 30th, 6:30PM! Oyster Roast, Hotdogs, & Chili! Childcare provided. Please RSVP online, on your Connect Card, or respond to this email.
4. LAST CHANCE MEMBERSHIP CLASS! Don’t let 2018 go by without officially making Coastal Community Church YOUR church family! The last Membership Class of 2018 is Saturday morning, December 1st, 9am-12noon. Childcare and light refreshments are provided. You can sign up for the class on our website, respond to this email, or sign up Sunday on your Connect Card.
5. The Red Cross Mobile Blood Bank will be at Coastal Community Church on Tuesday, December 4th from 2pm-7pm. Every 2 seconds someone in the U.S. need blood. It is essential for surgeries, cancer treatment, chronic illnesses, and traumatic injuries. Come give blood! Your donation can save up to 3 lives!
P.S. Have you heard? This Sunday is “Time Change Sunday”! Don’t forget to turn your clocks back 1 hour this Saturday night/Sunday morning! With that extra hour of sleep, there is no excuse for missing one of our two services this Sunday morning at 9:30am or 11:15am! See you Sunday!