And speaking of Oakland, they had their “Trunk or Treat” last night (below are a couple of pictures of my “costume”)! It was a huge success! We gave away 400 hotdogs and enormous amount of candy! Our church basically provided all the candy and food for the event. One of the Teachers told me that having the candy provided was the difference in her being able to participate. I want to thank all of you who donated candy. I also want to thank all of you who give financially to our church! It is your faithful, consistent, and generous giving that enables our church to do everything it does – things that you might not see on a Sunday morning, like feeding families in our community, making a child smile, and making an IMPACT at Oakland Elementary School.
Not only is our church making a difference in the lives of children here in our community, but through Operation Christmas Child we have the chance to change the lives of children around the world! This is your last week to bring toys and supplies to fill a shoe box – see details below. And again, it is your giving that makes this happen!
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
1. Pastor Ryan and his wife Gracie are expecting a Baby Girl! You are invited to a church-wide Baby Shower (men & women) in their honor THIS Sunday, October 28th at 6pm. The Spell’s are registered at Target and Amazon(just click on the links). Dinner will be served (hamburgers & hotdogs)!
2. New to Coastal? Join us THIS Sunday, October 28th in the Welcome Center, immediately following the 11:15am service for our Newcomers Reception. This is a great way to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people. Pizza and childcare provided. RSVP online or on your Connect Card.
3. Being a Member of Coastal is really about being a part of a family. The next Membership Class is THIS Monday night, October 29th, 6pm-9pm. Childcare and light refreshments are provided. You can sign up for the class on our website, respond to this email, or sign up Sunday on your Connect Card.
4. There is ONLY 1 WEEK LEFT to bring toys & supplies for Operation Christmas Child! Bring any toys that will fit in a shoe box (no perishables, liquids, used items, candy, or toys associated with war or fighting). Our Wrapping & Packing Party will be NEXT Friday, November 2nd, 6pm at the church. You can also donate money directly to the church to be used to purchase toys. Simply designate your offering envelope, check, or text any amount to 843-277-8337 with the designation “occ“.
5. Looking for a way to serve our community and make an IMPACT? Come and be a part of Saturday Serve! Saturday Serve meets the first Saturday of every month (the next one is November 3rd) at 8:30am in the Welcome Center. We explain all the different serving opportunities that day, pray, and then send everyone off.
P.S. Keep praying for your ONE – that person/those people in your life who are far from God and disconnected from the church! Invite and bring them to Coastal! Each and every Sunday we have guests who come to church for no other reason than a friend invited them. And almost each and every Sunday at Coastal someone gives their life to Christ! This week it could be YOUR FRIEND!