This Sunday, November 17th, is appropriately called, “Miracle Sunday!” I can’t wait to announce the true miracle that God did through our church for our Daring Faith Giving Campaign! Come prepared to cheer and celebrate and make some noise! I’m absolutely serious! Wear your Team colors, bring some pom-poms, bring some noise makers! No matter the Team you’re representing, I promise you we’re all going to celebrate what God did in our midst! Outside there will be Tailgaters, Jump Castles, and plenty of Food (Barbecue & Chili – all FREE)!
On top of all of that, we’re going to have some Baptisms this Sunday! I can’t think of a better way to celebrate than to witness people being “raised to new life” in Jesus! If you would like to get baptized, simply respond to this email to let us know, and we’ll quickly be in touch.
So, whatever you do, don’t miss this Sunday! It’s going to be an AWESOME day to remember! For those of you who were either out of town or unable to come this past Sunday, you can still turn in your “Daring Faith” Offering and Commitment Card. People have been doing that all week long. Just drop by the church office or shoot us an email. You can even do it all online. We would love to include your offering and commitment in the grand total that we announce this Sunday, but you can obviously turn both in at any time.
Daring to Believe With You!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- It’s finally here – Operation Christmas Child Weekend! Join us tonight, 4-8pm for an evening of Sorting, Organizing & Setting Up everything for Operation Christmas Child. And then come back tomorrow (Saturday) morning at 10am for our Wrapping & Packing Party! If you have any last minute toys and supplies you need to drop them TODAY!
- Interested in formalizing your commitment to Coastal and officially making our church, your church family? Our next Membership Class is THIS Monday night, November 18th 6pm-9pm. Childcare and light refreshments are provided. You can sign up for the class on our website, your Connect Card,or byresponding to this email.
- Mark your calendars now! On Friday evening, December 6th, from 6:30-8:30PM, Coastal is having its Volunteer Banquet! This includes all Volunteers and Life Group Leaders and their spouses and children. If you serve, volunteer, or lead in any capacity at Coastal you are invited! It will be a time to thank our volunteers, worship, and for Pastor Chris to share a few things from his heart. Childcare will be provided. If you plan on coming, please respond to this email or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday. Please indicate if you need childcare (how many children & ages) and how many total people will be attending so we can plan accordingly.
- Christmas might seem like a long way off, but December is just right around the corner! Our church responded so well to the “Daring Faith” Daily Devotional that we’ve written a daily devotional entitled “The Reason” to help you along during this Christmas season. The devotional will be emailed out to you each morning from December 1st through the 25th. The devotionals cover several Old Testament prophecies, the events around Jesus’ birth, and His character. If you would like to receive the daily devotional please email Pastor Scott at email@example.com or check the box on your Connect Card this Sunday. We pray that this small daily reminder will keep the focus on “The Reason” for the Season!
- We are in the planning stages right now of the 2020 Winter/Spring Semester of LIFE Groups! If you are interested in leading, assisting, or hosting a LIFE Group, please sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday or respond to this email. If you have any questions you can also reach out to Pastor Scott Huff at firstname.lastname@example.org. LIFE Group Sunday will be January 26th!
P.S. Mark you calendars now! Along with our regular services on Sunday, December 22nd, we’ll have special Christmas Eve services on Tuesday, December 24th at 3pm, 4:30pm, and 6pm. Children ages Birth-5th Grade can enjoy a Christmas Party during each service. If you serve in any Ministry, please contact your Ministry Leader and volunteer to serve now at one of our services.