This coming Sunday we kick off a new series called, “This Is How We Roll.” For the next 4 or 5 weeks, we’re going to look at the purposes of the church. And then we’re going to take it a step further, a kind of behind the scenes look and say, “And this is how this looks here at Coastal. This is what we’re about. This is how it’s played out here. This is the culture here. This is how we roll.” Because it’s the first Sunday of the series, we’re also going to be giving away some fun stuff at the end of each service! Invite and bring a friend! It’s going to be fun!
Hopefully you heard the good new from me this week! The site work on our property for the new building has begun. What does that mean for you and me? We temporarily lose all of our parking on that side of our campus. We need everyone to start parking in the old Oakland Elementary School parking lot directly across the street from our field. We want to save our parking at the first entrance side for guests and new people. I am specically asking that NO VOLUNTEERS park on that first entrance side. We all need to get healthy in 2015, so the extra steps will do us good!
Here are 5 Things I want you to make note of:
- Interested in formalizing your commitment to Coastal and becoming a Member? Our next Membership Class is this Monday night, January 19, 6-9pm. Childcare and light refreshments provided. RSVP on your Connect Card or on our website.
- If you are leading, assisting or hosting a LIFE Group, please make plans to attend the LIFE Group Training Class on Saturday, January 24th from 9am-11am. Childcare is provided.
- Our LIFE Group brochure for the 2015 Winter/Spring Semester will be available this Sunday! Take your time, look it over, and be prepared to sign up NEXT Sunday on LIFE Group Sunday, January 25th! We’ll have a Big Tent outside (with heaters) and all of our Groups will have tables/displays. You’ll be able to check out all the different groups, meet the leaders, enjoy some great snacks, and sign up for a LIFE Group! Don’t miss it!
- On Super Bowl Sunday, February 1st, we are asking everyone to please bring non-perishable food items with them to church to help re-stock our food pantry. Our food pantry helps feed many hurting families throughout the month.
- Our next Newcomer’s Lunch is Sunday, February 22nd, immediately after the 11:45am service (approx. 1pm). Our Newcomers Lunch is an informal gathering where you will enjoy a great meal, meet other new people, meet our staff, hear Coastal’s story, and learn about possible next steps. Childcare is provided. It’s a great next step for those who are new to Coastal! You can sign up on our website!
Pastor Chris (friend me on facebook if we’re not already friends)
P.S. Do you have or know anyone who has a Golf Cart that’s not being used, maybe sitting in a garage? We’re looking for a couple more Golf Carts that we could use during construction to help with parking. Let me know if you have one.
Coastal exists to share & experience LIFE – the life of Jesus!