Wow – what a great kick-off to our “UNSHAKABLE” series last Sunday! Our attendance was 547 and we had 28 1st & 2nd time Guest Connect Cards filled out! It was so exciting to meet so many of your friends who came to church this past Sunday. If the people you invited to church didn’t come, don’t get discouraged and don’t give up! Keep praying! Keep loving! Keep serving! And keep inviting! Remember Coastal, we work like it all depends on us, pray like it all depends on God, walk by faith, and then trust God with the results!
There are a couple of new opportunities for serving here at Coastal you might have noticed. One is our new Prayer/Decision Team. These are the people who pray with people during our response time immediately after my sermon and during communion. If you have a heart for people, if you love helping people take next steps, if you feel comfortable praying with people, this might be the place of service for you. You can respond to this email or contact Billy Burnette (billy.burnett@GRSI.com) or Perry Moyer (email@example.com). They would love to talk with you about this Ministry.
Another opportunity for service is our Monday Morning Follow Up Team. These are the people who come to the church on Monday morning, 9am-11am, and help us follow up with all of our 1st & 2nd Time Guests. They write notes, desconstruct the bulletins, prep crafts for Coastal Kidz. Basically they do anything they can to help us follow up with and reach out to people. And yes, we provide Childcare (which we also always need help with)! If this is something you might be interested in helping with, please contact Ashley Hojnacki, one of our office administrators (firstname.lastname@example.org). She helps run this awesome Team!
I really can’t say enough about all the awesome volunteers at Coastal! We are a church FULL of humble, wiling servants – serving God by serving others. Together we are literally changing the world, one life at a time. If you are searching for meaning and fulfillment, it is found when you give your life away through serving. And there is a place for you to volunteer and serve on a LIFE Team at Coastal. If you haven’t found that place yet, let us help you. If at some time you feel you did reach out to us and we dropped the ball and no one followed up with you, I apologize. We’re not perfect. We make mistakes. Don’t give up on us and don’t give up on serving here at Coastal. Again, there is a place of service for you here at Coastal. I say all of that not because we’re desperate for warm bodies or our Ministries are struggling to survive. I say that because YOU need it! I say that because that’s where the joy comes from, that where freedom and fulfillment is found – through serving. Whether it’s Student Ministry, Coastal Kidz, Security, Cafe, Prayer, Office Volunteers, LIFE Groups, Worship, Tech Booth, or 1st Impressions, there is a LIFE Team for you! Simply respond to this email or sign up on your Connect Card and we will do our best to get you Connected!
- We had so much fun last year, we’re doing it again – our 2nd Annual Tailgate Party & Competition – next Sunday, October 2nd – 9am-1pm (before, during, and after church)! If you are interested in participating, representing your team, sharing your favorite grub, possibly winning some cool prizes, and having a whole lot of fun, simply respond to this email and let us know. Sign up to participate on your Connect Card.
- On Friday night, October 7th, our WAVES Student Ministry is having a Spaghetti Dinner & Silent Auction. This will be their one big fundraiser for the Fall. Students are selling tickets for $5. All proceeds go directly to pay for the Winter Retreat in Pigeon Forge, TN, January 13th-16th. Let Ryan Spell know if you are willing to help with the dinner (provide spaghetti noodles, sauce, bread, salad). If you: own a business, work for a generous company, have any connections, have some cool (and valuable) stuff you are willing to part with, or can donate any goods and services, please contact Ryan Spell at email@example.com or sign up on your Connect Card and he will contact you.
- Interested in going public with your faith through Baptism? Never been Baptized by immersion? Our next Baptism Service is Sunday, October 16th. Sign up on your Connect Card, respond to this email, or sign up today online.
- Mark your calendar now and make sure you don’t miss Children’s Day, Sunday, October 30th at Coastal. 4 year olds and up will be in the service, our kids will be singing a couple of songs, there will be a Baby Dedication (sign up on your Connect Card), Games, Food, a Petting Zoo, and even a World Champion Juggler! You, your kids, and their friends won’t want to miss it!
- It’s that time of year again – time to start collecting items for Operation Christmas Child! Begin bringing toys, games, supplies, etc. that can fit in a shoebox to church. There is a collection box in the Welcome Center. Also, start gathering your shoeboxes. Our Packing Party will be at the church on Friday, November 11th, 6:30pm.
Standing Strong With You!
P.S. Chair set up – tomorrow morning, Saturday at 9am!