Well, I hope you’ve begun to figure out what Group you plan on joining this semester or at least that you’re as excited as I am for LIFE Group Sunday this week at Coastal! That’s right! It’s time to get everyone signed up for the Fall Semester of LIFE Groups! LIFE Group Sunday is similar to a Job/College Fair, but for LIFE GROUPS! You’ll come to our Worship Service & check in your kids, just like normal, but our Worship Service will be a little shorter and then we’ll dismiss our adults (not the children) to go out to the giant tent to check out all the different groups (we’ll let you know when to go pick up your kids at the normal time).
Not only will you get to check out all the different Groups, but you will get to meet the Group Leaders, enjoy some great snacks, and have a BLAST! You also get to vote: Best Overall Booth, Best Snack, Best “Sales Pitch”, Most Creative, Most Informative (the only time we allow judging at Coastal). And most importantly – you can sign up for a LIFE Group! Don’t miss it! And as always – invite & bring a friend! In fact, I’ll be talking about Friendship on Sunday!
Speaking of LIFE Groups, I want to put a plug in for something special my Bod4God LIFE Group is doing that anyone, even if you aren’t signing up for my Group, can participate in. On Monday night, 7pm, August 29th, Steve Reynolds, the author of “Bod4God”, “Get Off the Couch”, and “Healthy Renegade Pastor” is coming to Coastal live and in person for a Bod4God Rally! It’s going to be a great night of fun and inspiration all centered around healthy living! Even if you can’t join my Group this Semester, come out, have some fun, and be inspired to get healthy! We’re even going to give away some fun stuff – a FitBit, a County Park Pass, 2 Six Month Gym Memberships & a Certificate for 5 Personal Training Sessions with a Personal Trainer all from ChuckTown Fitness (my gym)!
And on top of that, on Tuesday morning, 9:30am-12noon, Steve Reynolds is hosting a Healthy Renegade Pastor’s Workshop at our church for Pastors and Church Staff. We’ll be giving away his book, “The Healthy Renegade Pastor” and feeding everyone a healthy lunch from Verde – all FREE. And because we’re the Host Site, Steve told me that any Ministry Leaders or Volunteers from our church that are available can also participate. Yes, it’s geared to Pastors and Staff, but the information is really for anyone that wants to get healthy. So if you’re available on Tuesday morning and would like to hang out with me and our staff, I’d love for you to come!
Let me know if you can come to either of these events – Monday night or Tuesday morning! Let’s get healthy this year together! #fitby50
Friday’s 5 (okay 6 – but there’s just so many exciting things happening at Coastal!):
- Our Church is GROWING and so is our Nursery! If you are looking for a Geat Place to serve, love, and give back – our Nursery in the Coastal Kidz Ministry NEEDS you! “One person, in one service, once a month makes a HUGE IMPACT!” There is no such thing as the “Black Hole of Nursery” at Coastal – in other words you won’t get stuck in there if it’s not a fit and you won’t miss worship. So, if you are willing, able, and interested, simply respond to this email and we will put you in touch with Janet – our Children’s Director. Or you can email her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interested in formalizing your commitment to Coastal as your church family? Climbing up the Leadership Ladder here at Coastal and need to become a Member? Sign up for our next Membership Class, Saturday, September 17th, 9am-12noon. Refreshments & Childcare provided. You can sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday or you can sign up online now.
- New to Coastal and interested in taking next steps? Like to meet other new people, our Staff, and learn a little bit more about our church? Sign up and come to our next Newcomer’s Lunch, immediately following our 11:15am service on Sunday, September 11th (approx. 12:30pm). You can sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday or you can sign up online now.
- We’re having a BIG DAY on Sunday, September 18th as we kick off our new Fall Sermon Series, “UNSHAKABLE – Standing Strong in the Storms of Life.” It’s based on the book that I wrote the forward to, that we give away. I really believe it’s going to be a great series and more importantly an easy way to invite and bring friends! In fact, use the book as an invite tool to bring your friends!
- We had so much fun last year, we’re doing it again – our 2nd Annual Tailgate Party & Competition – Sunday, October 2nd – 9am-1pm (before, during, and after church)! If you are interested in participating, representing your team, sharing your favorite grub, possibly winning some cool prizes, and having a whole lot of fun, simply respond to this email and let us know. You can sign up to participate on your Connect Card beginning next Sunday.
- On Friday night, October 7th, our WAVES Student Ministry is having a Spaghetti Dinner & Silent Auction. This will be their one big fundraiser for the Fall. Students will be selling tickets starting next week for $5. All proceeds go directly to pay for the Winter Retreat in Pigeon Forge, TN, January 13th-16th. Let Ryan Spell know if you are willing to help with the dinner (provide spaghetti noodles, sauce, bread, salad). If you: own a business, work for a generous company, have any connections, have some cool (and valuable) stuff you are willing to part with, or can donate any goods and services, please contact Ryan Spell at email@example.com or sign up on your Connect Card and he will contact you.
P.S. Don’t forget – there is only ONE service on Labor Day Weekend, Sunday, September 4th at 9:30am.