Well Coastal, it’s finally upon us – Easter weekend is here! It’s after 7pm on Friday and I’m just now stealing away a few minutes to send out my weekly email. I have to admit, this new chapter that we’re embarking on has been quite emotional, especially today, seeing our new facility filled with all our chairs! And it’s not just the new facility – our current building has seen a huge makeover for our Coastal Kidz Children’s Ministry. I can’t wait for you to see everything!
Believe it or not, it’s still not too late to invite someone to church. Go through your phone contacts and facebook friends – who could you send a personal message to? Ask God to lay a burden on your heart to reach out to someone.
I’m also emotional because I’ve been thinking about all of the people who have had a hand in this project – so MANY of YOU! There are so many people to thank. First of all, I want to thank all of the people who 3 years ago decided to step out in faith, go ALL IN, and give sacrificially to this project. All of this happened and continues to happen, because of your generous, consistent, sacrificial giving – period. And God will reward you for it. And then there all the countless contractors, engineers, sub-contractors, designers, and skilled craftsmen (including several from our church) who had hand in this job. And then there are all the volunteers – from the cleaning, hauling, moving, setting up, to the sound & lighting. I’ve always said that we have the best volunteers at Coastal and this project has proved that to be true. And then there is Eddie Evans & Ricky Spell. Words truly can not express my gratitude to these two men and all that they have given and done to see this project through. The time, effort, energy, hard work, blood, sweat, and even tears that they have poured into this project has been truly inspirational. Please make the effort to express your thanks to these two men. They would NEVER ask for it, but as your Pastor, I’m asking you to thank them. Trust me, they deserve it.
While Easter is going to be awesome, I’ll be the first to admit that we’re really just going to be figuring things out for a few weeks – systems, storage, best practices, etc. So be patient, helpful, and considerate. And just like when you move in to a new home, you develop a “punch list” of things that need to be done. We’ll be doing the same thing. Again, be patient, helpful, and considerate. We’re already developing a fairly long list of things that we’re going to be working on. Just remember, all projects require time and usually money.
So now that we have the new building, what’s next? We’re going to fill it and we’re going to use it! It’s simply a tool that enables us to continue to grow and reach more people and that helps us to love and serve our growing church family and community for the glory of God. And then . . . we’re already praying and thinking about the next step! But for now, at least for this weekend, let’s celebrate the Risen Savior and give thanks for God’s faithfulness in bringing our church to this next chapter. And I can think of no better way to give thanks than by inviting and bringing a friend with you to church on Sunday.
- As far as Easter Sunday or any Big Day goes, you know the drill: come early, park far away, greet everyone, volunteer to serve, go out of your way to be helpful to our guests, and give generously.
- New to Coastal? Like to learn more about our church and meet other new people? Sign up for our next Newcomer’s Lunch, immediately after the 3rd service on Sunday, April 10th. Go to our website and sign up today!
- We are planning a Baptism Service in our new building for Sunday, April 24th! If you are interested in getting baptized, please let us know on your Connect Card or sign up online.
- We could still use a few voluteers here tomorrow from 9am-Noon. The new Welcome Center and Bathrooms need to be swept, wiped down, and swiffered. We also need a large trash pile to be moved to the dumpster. And all the black silt fencing along the new sidewalk can be removed.
- We’re having a Wedding Shower for Ryan Spell (our Youth Pastor In Residence) and Gracie Beechler on Sunday, April 17th, from 6-7:30pm. They are registered at Amazon.com.
All In! Love Can! Game On!
P.S. Even if you don’t have children in Coastal Kidz, make sure you check out all the changes and improvements in our current facility. If I were a kid, this is the place I’d want to be on Sundays!