Finally – Easter Weekend is here! Today is Good Friday. Think about this. While you were asleep last night/early this morning, nearly 2000 years ago Jesus was captured in the Garden and condemned to die by the Jewish leaders who hated him. As you were waking up Jesus was being shuffled back and forth between Pilate and Herod for even more trials and abuse. While you were getting dressed, the Roman soldiers were brutally beating Him and putting thorns on His head. By the time you were on your way to work He was on his way to the cross. Satan was laughing – convinced that he won. It was Friday. . . but here’s the GOOD NEWS – Sunday was coming! Can’t wait to celebrate that with you and your friends & family this weekend – Friday (tonight), April 2nd, 7pm (this is the only service that will have NO COASTAL KIDZ); Saturday, April 3rd, 4:30pm, 6pm; Sunday, April 4th, 8:30am, 10am, 11:30am. (FREE KONA ICE at the Saturday and Sunday services for the kids!)
It’s still not too late to make that call, send that email or text, walk across the street or the office, and invite someone to church for this weekend! You never know the power of a simple invitation. 40 years ago a friend from school invited me to church. I ended up giving my life to Jesus and committing to full-time Christian ministry! Simply put, it changed my life! Who do you know that needs Jesus?
A few other quick reminders about Easter at Coastal: Parking & Seating really is important on Big Services like Easter. Please, please park as far away as possible and sit to the front and center of each section. And this is important – COME EARLY! With more guests on our campus, make sure you’re even more gracious, kind, loving, and helpful to everyone! Treat everyone as your welcomed, expected guest in your home. I also want to challenge you to give above and beyond this Easter Weekend toward our construction project. You can give through our website, our App, or TEXT any amount to 843-277-8337. It’s simple, safe, secure, and convenient! If it’s been a while since you’ve been by our campus, I can’t wait for you to see all the progress on our new facility! We are just past the midway point and hope to have a Grand Opening in late August or early September!
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- UPCOMING OUTREACH PROJECTS:
Saturday Serve – The foundation of all of our serving opportunities at Coastal really starts with Saturday Serve – the first Saturday of every month. The next Saturday Serve is THIS Saturday (tomorrow), April 3rd. We meet in the Welcome Center/Cafe at 8:30am, project leaders make a “pitch” for their serving opportunity, and then we serve! Make plans NOW to be there!
PINK House – The PINK House is a community center in the Ardmore subdivision in West Ashley. We are going to be putting on a community Tailgate Party and Clothing Distribution, Saturday, April 10th, 10am-1pm.
Soldier’s Angels – We’ll be helping with the Veteran’s Mobile Food Distribution, Tuesday, April 13th, 8am-1pm.
Tricounty Family Ministries – We will be assisting with their Emergency Grocery Distribution, Wednesday, April 14th, 9am-1pm.
Suburban Hotel Tailgate – Let’s make an impact together by serving local veterans and persons transitioning from a local homeless shelter in Charleston into permanent housing at the Suburban Hotel in North Charleston! Saturday, April 17th, 10am-1pm meet at Coastal in the Welcome Center! This is a project that is suitable for the whole family.
If you are interested in serving in any of these projects, you can sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday or sign up now on our website. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- Interested in officially making Coastal your church family by becoming a Member? Our next Membership Class is Saturday morning, April 17th, 9:30am-12noon. You can respond to this email, sign up on our website, or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday. You can join us either in-person or online through Zoom.
- Is Baptism your next step? The only requirement for Baptism is that you have personally given your life to Jesus. Baptism is a public profession of your faith. At Coastal we call it “going public” and it’s a great celebration! It beautifully illustrates Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. And at Coastal we’re ready for you to get Baptized any service, any Sunday. If you are interested in getting Baptized simply respond to this email or sign up on our website. We are also planning our Annual BEACH BAPTISM out at Folly Beach on Sunday, June 13th, at 5pm. You can also sign up for that on our website.
- We are excited to announce that Coastal is starting a Celebrate Recovery Support Group/Ministry! Celebrate Recovery is a Christ-centered, 12 step recovery program for anyone struggling with hurt, pain or addiction of any kind. If you have a track record of personal recovery and you are interested in possibly serving in this Christ-centered ministry, please let us know on your connect card or you can reach out to Pastor Scott Huff at email@example.com.
- If you would like your family to participate in the Baby/Child Dedication on Mother’s Day (May 9th) or Father’s Day (June 20th), sign up on your Connect Card. Include the child’s full name and the service you will be attending. Coastal’s Baby Dedication is a special time for our parents and children. The purpose of our Baby Dedication is not for the child’s salvation or commitment to Christ. It is more of a prayer/renewal time for the parents as they commit to raise their child the way God wants them to and a time of prayer for the child to grow to be the man or woman God has called them to be. It is also a time for our church family to commit to you, the parents, to be the support that you need. Most people think of a Baby Dedication as just for our newborns, but we’ve had all different ages participate. If you’ve never had that special prayer time for you and your child, we’d love for you to sign up and participate.
P.S. One of the ways our church marks the coming of Summer is through “SUMMER OF IMPACT!” For the entire month of June, our church will saturate Charleston with a variety of outreach projects almost every day! What better way to show that we are followers of Jesus than by serving the people right here in our community! In the next few weeks, be on the lookout for our 2021 Summer of IMPACT calendar with all the details! If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.