I just wanted to let you know that we have decided to postpone our FUEL meeting one week until Saturday, October 17th, 10am-11:45am. What is FUEL and who is invited? FUEL is a time of fellowship, worship, and information for all Ministry Leaders, Volunteers, and those who are interested in serving – basically everyone who considers Coastal their home! It’s kind of a “family meeting” – a behind the scenes talk from me, our staff, and several leaders about what’s going on and coming up at Coastal. Childcare is provided and our Cafe will be open. With the transition into our new facility coming up, I feel that it’s important that we’re all on the same page and it’s hard to share all of that on a Sunday morning. Please try to come!
Here are several other things people have asked about:
– Several people have mentioned reaching out to Crosstowne Christian Church on Bees Ferry Rd. Their facility was completely flooded and they lost everything – a total loss. I talked with their Pastor, Paul Rienzo. Right now they are overwhelmed (in a positive way) with the outpouring of offers of assistance from our community and beyond. They will begin meeting this Sunday at the IMAX cinema at Citadel Mall. They will be compiling a list of supplies and needs as they go portable. As soon as I get that list, we will pass it on and see how we can help. They did have insurance and are meeting with their insurance company now to assess their situation financially. They are also working closely with Seascoast to assess needs and assist with the outpouring of help. I talked to Josh Surratt from Seacoast and expressed our desire to be a part of that assistance. So again, as soon as I know, you will know.
– This is a great opportunity to fill our Food Pantry at Coastal. Bring non-perishable food items to church this Sunday! Let’s completely restock our Food Pantry and be prepared to feed those people in need in our community. We have plenty of beans and corn. We really need canned fruits, pastas, sauces, dry goods, and cereals.
– We do not have the space for a clothes closet. Good Will, Salvation Army, and the Red Cross are still the best bet for clothes and household items.
– Please feel free to give toward our Benevolence Fund. We use this money to periodically help people in need – times just like these. You can designate your gift, “benevolence” on your check, paypal, receipt, or even through texting an amount and then the word “benevolence” to 843-277-8337. We will use money from this fund to help Crosstowne Christian Church.
– Obviously, we cancelled services this past Sunday. However, just like you, our bills, salaries, & expenses were not cancelled. They keep coming regardless of our meeting schedule. I simply want to encourage you to be faithful in your giving and to help us make up any shortfall from this past Sunday. Times like these are great opportunities to try out online or mobile giving.
I think that’s about it! I love you and I’m so thankful to be your Pastor and to serve our church and community together with you!
All In! Love Can! Game On!