If you had any difficulty getting in touch with me or any of our Coastal Staff this past week, I apologize. We were all out of town together at a church leadership conference in Atlanta. We just got back late last night. We had a blast! It was a great time of learning, laughter, worship, and so much more for all of us! We’ve all really been going at it pretty hard for a while now, without much of a break. Conferences really aren’t a break or a vacation (many times they requre more work on both ends), but it was just what we all needed. It will take some time for all of us to process everything we experienced, but one thing that I know for sure is that I am so very grateful for our Staff – Julie Kelly, Scott Huff, Michael Wright, and my wife Janet (first time Janet has ever got to go to a conference with me)! Coastal, we are so blessed!
We stayed right around the corner from the conference with one of my life long friends, Leslie & Bo Scrivener. To say that they treated us like we were staying at a 5 Star Resort would be an understatement! When talking to Leslie about her hospitality, she humbly said it’s something she got from her mom. She also said something I won’t forget, “Entertainment is all about you – showing off, making yourself or your home look good for your guests. Hospitality is all about your guests – making them feel good, taking care of them.” Oh, one more thing about my friends, Leslie & Bo have been blessed (their own heartfelt words) with twin boys with severe autism. The boys are now 19. To watch the servant, agape love they show in their home is truly inspirational. Like I said, the conference was great and we learned a lot!
Don’t miss tomorrow! Really loving this new series, “The Story of My Life!” Hope you are too! The past two weeks we’ve had almost 50 1st & 2nd time guest Connect Cards filled out! 50! WOW! Keep it up Coastal! Thank you Jesus! We beg You to continue to use Coastal to draw people to Yourself!
Here are 5 Things I want you to make note of:
- The month of October is “Operation Christmas Child” month at Coastal! Bring shoeboxes, toys, and other items to fill those shoeboxes to church. Our wrapping & packing party will be Saturday morning, November 8th, 10am-Noon. For more information about the ministry & mission of Operation Christmas Child, please check out their website.
- It’s still not too late to join a LIFE Group! If you haven’t signed up yet, you can sign up at church on Sunday or right now on our website.
- We’re having a Baptism Service in all 3 services on Sunday, October 19th! If you are interested in getting Baptized, simply respond to this email, sign up on our website, or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday!
- If you have any smart phone (iPhone, Android, or Windows), ipad, or tablet, please download the new Coastal App! Simply go to your App Store and search for Coastal Community Church! It’s FREE! The App will be a great way to spread the Gospel and keep up with all things Coastal!
- On Sunday, October 12th, immediately following the 11:45am service we’re having our next Newcomer’s Lunch. Newcomer’s Lunch is a great way for new people to learn more about Coastal, meet other new people and our staff, enjoy a great meal, and discover possible next steps. You can sign up here on our website or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday.
Have a great Saturday! Can’t wait to see you and your friends on Sunday!
Forever & Always ALL IN!
Pastor Chris (PC)
P.S. I want to thank those of you who consistently give electronically to our church: by automatic Bill Pay through your bank, PayPal through our website, or TEXTing 843-277-8337 (give TEXT giving a try if you haven’t done it yet). No one might see it on Sunday mornings, but God sees it and we are thankful!