I can’t wait to see you and your friends for “Game On!” this Sunday! It’s not too late to “make the ask” and invite someone to come. What’s the worst that can happen? They say, “No.” Then you keep loving, keep serving, and keep praying. And when the time is right, you invite again. But if they say, “Yes!”, it could change their life forever and beyond!
You know the drill – Sunday is going to be awesome! We’ve gone to great lengths to do our part to make it special. But we need you to do your part. Warmly welcome everyone you see. Make it a point to talk to people you don’t know. Smile. Be helpful. Pick up trash. Park as far away as you can. Sit to the FRONT & CENTER of each section in our auditorium. If at all possible, come to the 8:45am service or the 11:45am service. But most importantly, come to the service your invited guests will attend.
This past year, with the help and heart of Morgan Verdery, Amy Mark, and Vanessa Lopez, we started an ongoing ministry initiative called, “Love Can Help A Child.” The focus of the ministry is meeting the needs of orphans, foster children, and chldren in our community in need. Long term we hope to be a part of solving the foster child crisis in our community. Right now we have a couple of families who are going through the Foster Family or Respite Care certification process. I was overwhelmed by the response of our church to collecting backpacks/school supplies and providing Birthday Presents for all Foster Children with birthday’s in September.
One of the places we wanted to continue to grow in our involvement is at Oakland Elementary School. Simply put, we made the offer that if there are children in need at Oakland, we would love to be a part of meeting those needs. Well, we got a call this week about some children who were sleeping on the floor and needed bedding. I made a couple of calls, the need was put on the Coastal Women’s Facebook page (Coastal Community Church Women’s Group), and in less than 24 hours, everything was either taken care of, or being arranged (we still need about $300)! It all happened so fast, I knew many of you wouldn’t even be aware of it. That happens a lot around here. People are serving, loving, and sharing in our community, meeting needs in Jesus name! I am so thankful to be a part of a church that genuinely cares about the community in which we live.
If you would like to help meet the $300 need, simply give on Sunday, designating the money, “Love Can.” Any surplus money we collect will go to that Ministry.
Here are 5 other things to remember:
- Woohoo! LIFE Groups begin this coming week! It’s not too late to sign up. There are 3 ways to sign up for a LIFE Group, but you only have to sign up 1 time/1 way. You can sign up on your Connect Card, on the LIFE Group Table in the Welcome Center, or online. Sign up today!
- Our last Beach Baptism Service of the year will be on Saturday, September 26th at 11am at Folly Beach County Park. Respond to this email, sign up on your Connect Card, or sign up online. We have free parking passes available at church.
- We are helping to support Touching Lives Ministry and their goal to bring a child from Kenya to MUSC for care. We are not asking for money – simply clean out your closet and place used shoes or purses/pocket books in the container in the Welcome Center. See Gracie Beechler for more information.
- New to Coastal? Sign up for our next Newcomer’s Lunch – Sunday, October 4th, immediately after the 11:45am service (approx. 1pm). It’s a great opportunity to learn more about Coastal, meet other new people and our staff, enjoy a great meal, and discover possible next steps. Repsond to this email, sign up online, or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday.
- Feel free to make and bring your favorite appetizer and give it to a Tailgater to help feed the crowd on Sunday!
All In! LOVE CAN! Game On! (I think I see a pattern!)