This past Sunday was so incredible! We baptized 14 people in the ocean at Folly Beach! I think we’ve baptized right at 38 people so far in the past 7 months! Each and every person has such an awesome story. That we get to be a small part of it, is so overwhelming.
One of my favorite stories from Sunday’s baptism was little Emily White. Emily is 8 years old. Her family has been coming to Coastal for about 7 years. 2 years ago Emily’s dad, Delma, passed away. I baptized Delma at Folly Beach about 5 years ago. Just before the Baptism on Sunday, Emily’s mom, Melissa, spread some of Delma’s ashes in the ocean. It was very powerful to say the least.
In my message this past Sunday, I talked about how all of heaven and all of the angels throw a big party when one lost sinner comes home and the church ought to reflect that. I’d like to think that Delma was partying in heaven watching his little girl get baptized! Keep it up Coastal! Keep loving! Keep serving! Keep sharing! Keep inviting!
We have 11 people from Coastal leaving on a Missions Trip today to Peru (Michael Wright, Jennifer Smith-Glover, Pam Gross, Ben Bargiel, Gracie Beechler, Ryan Spell, Eve/Kaycee/Kristal Blumenstock, Heather Olson, Anna Projanowska + Scott Huff and Pam’s neice). Among the many wonderful adventures and opportunities they will experience, they will be serving at the New Life Children’s Home, a ministry of Pastor Mike Kennedy and Peru Missions. Please keep them, their trip, and their families in your prayers. Pray for LIFE change – theirs and the lives of the people they will serve.
Here are 5 other things to remember:
- The final Summer Event for our Student Ministry (6th-12th Grade) is a night at Frankie’s Fun Park on Wednesday, August 12th, 6-9pm! They will be meeting at Frankie’s Fun Park – 5000 Ashley Phosphate Rd, North Charleston. Cost: Parents/students can go to this link http://www.frankiesfunpark.com/charleston/attractions/ to find out pricing for each attraction. There is no admission cost, you just pay per attraction. All of the activities and prices are found on the attached link.
- Charleston County Schools begin Monday, August 17th! Please keep all of our Teachers, Students, and Parents in your prayers! Pray especially for Oakland Elementary School our Community Partner! We LOVE Oakland!
- If you are leading a LIFE Group this semester, Julie needs all of your Group Info turned in ASAP! Study Name, Leaders Names, Email/phone #, Day/Time/Location, Childcare Y/N, 2-3 sentence description of LIFE Group Studay. email@example.com.
- There is a mandatory LIFE Group Leader Training on Saturday, August 22nd, 10am-Noon for all Leaders & Assistants. Childcare and light refreshments provided.
- Our regular Student Ministry 6.2.SIX kicks off the school year with a Back to School Bash on Wednesday night, September 9th! There will be FUN, FOOD, & GAMES! You, your 6th-12th Grade Student, and their friends won’t want to miss it!
I LOVE OUR CHURCH!
P.S. Don’t forget to purchase “your chairs” for the new building. Cost – $50 per chair. Please desginate your gift “chairs.” We’re asking everyone to buy a chair for every member of their family and the friends they will invite.