So where do you get the power and the strength to keep on keeping on when you feel like giving up? That’s what this week’s message is all about as we kick off a new series called, “Amazing Grace.” Don’t miss it! Invite and bring a friend!
And speaking of inviting friends – be sure to pull out all the stops and invite your friends, neighbors, family, and co-workers to church next Sunday for MOTHER’S DAY! It’s going to be awesome! There will be Kona Ice & Jump Castles for kids, Baby/Child Dedication, a gift for all women, a Mother’s Day photo booth, and fun giveaways after each service! And Ladies, my message is going to take a look at 5 things that God says are true about you because of His grace!
One of the things that I SO LOVE ABOUT OUR CHURCH is the way we serve our community! We’ve learned a few things over the years – when you’re serving your community, you can’t do everything. Pick a few things (whatever God calls you to do) and do it well. The other thing we’ve learned is that you don’t have to reinvent the wheel. Partner with other people/organizations in your community who are doing great things and simply SERVE!
This week was Teacher Appreciation Week over at Oakland Elementary School (the school right across the street from our campus). We’ve showered them with LOVE this week – gifts, treats, and lots of food! We’re so excited about hosting Oakland’s 5th Grade Graduation Service at our church – Wednesday, May 30th, 9:30am! If you’d like to volunteer to serve at the graduation (cafe, golf carts, photo booth, 1st Impressions, ushers), simply respond to this email.
Tomorrow is our monthly Saturday Serve (it meets the first Saturday of every month)! Meet in the Welcome Center at the church at 8:30am, learn about some awesome service opportunities (everything is explained and supplied), pray, and GO SERVE! It’s that simple. Most projects are done before noon. If you haven’t been a part of a Saturday serve, you’re really missing out! It’s open to anyone – invite your friends, family, and co-workers to join you! That’s another thing we’ve learned – people (all people) want to give back and do something significant with their lives. This is a tangible way to do just that!
- Our WAVES Student Ministry (6th-12th Grade) are going to the Charleston Riverdogs Game TONIGHT! They will be leaving from the church at 6pm and returning at approximately 10pm. The tickets are FREE! Simply bring money for food or souvenirs!
- If you would like your family to participate in the Baby/Child Dedication on Mother’s Day, May 13th, sign up on your Connect Card or respond to this email. Please include the child’s full name and the service you will be attending – 9:30am or 11:15am.
- Attention all LIFE Group Leaders & LIFE Team Leaders (and spouses): our End of the Semester Celebration/Party is Friday night, May 18th, 6:30pm-8:30pm! Dinner & childcare provided! Don’t miss it! If you lead a Life Group or a Ministry, this is a great opportunity to celebrate all that God has done and to plan for the future! Please RSVP!
- We’re signing people up now for our Annual BEACH BAPTISM Services! The date is Sunday, June 10th, 4pm at Folly Beach County Park! You can sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday or simply respond to this email.
- Mark your calendars and save this date – Coastal’s VBS this year is Monday, July 16th – Friday, July 20th, 6pm-8pm, 4 year olds – 5th Grade. The theme is Shipwrecked – Rescued by Jesus! REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN – www.coastalcommunitychurch.org/VBS! Spread the word and register today! We also need wrapping paper tubes (don’t throw them away) donated NOW for VBS decorations. Drop them off at the Coastal Kidz Child Check-In area.
P.S. We had another person give their life to Jesus this past week and two more people indicated they want to get Baptized! Woohoo! Keep praying for your ONE, for the growth of our church, and our IMPACT! See you Sunday!