“It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!” That’s definitely true around our church this week with all the lights and decorations! I can’t wait to see you Sunday as we kick off our new Christmas series called, “Presence.”
Sure, Christmas is all about Jesus! But for the follower of Jesus, all of LIFE is about Jesus! It’s about living every day in His presence! Jesus doesn’t want a season of your life. He wants it all! So for the next several weeks we’re going to use Isaiah 9:6 and talk about the reality of living in the presence of Jesus day by day.
Here are 5 more things not to forget:
- Pray about what you can sacrificially give, above and beyond your regular tithes and offering, to our Annual Christmas Offering. You can give at church, online, or through TEXTing (843-277-8337). Simply use the keyword, “Christmas.” This year’s offering is going toward digging a well in Haiti, funding our LOVE CAN Help A Child budget, and remodeling our Children’s Area/Child Check-in as we move into our new facility. Our Goal is $50,000!
- Looking for an Angel Tree or a needy child to buy a Christmas gift for this year? Look no further than our neighbors at Oakland Elementary School. Instead of tags and a tree, they are using an online website. Here is the link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0944ABAB2DA7F94-donate. Simply click on the gift you want to purchase and bring the unwrapped gifts to Coastal by 12/13.
- Reserve your FREE Tickets today to one of Coastal’s 4 Community Christmas Services! Wednesday, December 23rd, 5:30pm & 7pm / Thursday, December 24th, 5:30pm & 7pm. If you’ve already registered & picked up your tickets at church, you don’t have to register again. https://coastalcommunitychurch.org/free-christmas-tickets/ Tickets are only necessary for the number of people in the actual service itself (tickets are not needed for children going to our Children’s Ministry).
- Speaking of our Christmas Services – to pull off 4 services over 2 nights, we need all of Coastal to find a place to volunteer. Speak to your Ministry Leader and tell him/her you would like to serve or respond to this email and we will find you a place! Christmas Eve is a huge outreach service! Spread the word! Invite & bring your friends!
- Have an idea for a LIFE Group? Interested in Leading, Assisting, or Hosting a group for the upcoming semester in the new year? Sign up on your Connect Card or respond to this email. We are in the process of planning the new semester now!
Isaiah 9:6, “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”
See you Sunday!