Don’t forget that we only have one combined service again this weekend at 9:30am (no 11:15am service). We’re kicking off a new series called, “Grateful.” Don’t miss it! If you’re still out of town, remember you can watch our services LIVE from our website at https://coastalcommunitychurch.org/resources/live.
We had quite an IMPACTful weekend at Coastal this past week! First of all, I want to thank everyone who supported our Student Ministry by helping with, coming out, and bidding on items at the Spaghetti Dinner & Silent Auction. It was a great event that raised over $8000 for their Winter Retreat. Please continue to pray for our Students and their Retreat and that lives are changed! We hope to take approximately 60 Students to the Retreat (January 12-15).
And then what can I say about our ONE Service/Party?! I told you back in January that when we reached our goal of 52 people giving their life to Jesus this year that we were going to celebrate – and celebrate we did! I also announced our goal for 2018 – 100 Salvations & 100 Baptisms! How are we going to reach that goal? By making an IMPACT – ONE life at a time! We will pray like it all depends on God; love, serve, give, share, invite like it all depends on us; walk by faith and trust God with the results! Read the Parable of the Talents this week (Matthew 25:14-30). I believe that God is calling on us to double our IMPACT!
And then something else IMPACTful happened on Monday that many of you might not have seen. Oakland Elementary School donated over 2800 canned goods and food items for our food bank – more than doubling what they gave last year! Not only will their donation mean that our Food Bank will be fully stocked for months to come, but on Sunday, December 3rd we’re going to do something called, “Feed Charleston.” When you come to church that Sunday there will be several tables of pre-bagged food. We’re asking everyone to take a bag of food and give it to someone in need – a nearby shelter, a shut-in, someone in your community. Start thinking now about who you will bless.
Ministry Opportunity Spotlight:
Today, I’d like to highlight our Chair Set-Up Ministry. I jokingly call our facility a Worshi-Gym-Atorium! What does that mean? Our facility gets used by our church and our community all week long! That’s exactly what we hoped for when we built our facility – that it would be a tool for ministry and growth. Now what does that practically mean for our church week in and week out? It means that we have to “stack & pack” our chairs after the last service on Sunday and set-up the chairs again on Saturday morning at 9am. During the LIFE Group Semester, each one of our Groups volunteers at least once to help with set-up. But there is also a faithful group of volunteers who come almost every Saturday to help set up the chairs. With 8 or more people, it only takes 30 minutes or less. But that 30 minutes makes a huge IMPACT during the week! If you are interested in volunteering, you can respond to this email, sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday, or email Joey Broach directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our 6th Annual Christmas Offering has begun! Now through the second Sunday of the New Year, January 14th (7 more weeks), we are encouraging our entire Coastal family to give above and beyond their regular tithes and offering to this year’s special Christmas Offering. Our goal is BIG – $60,000 – but what we keep learning over and over again is that we serve a BIGGER GOD! To give toward the Christmas Offering, simply designate your gift with the word “Christmas.” Remember this is above and beyond your regular giving. Our theme for 2018 is “IMPACT”. This offering simply enables our church to continue to make an IMPACT in our church, community, and world!
- On Friday night, December 1st, 6:30pm-8:30pm, we are having an Oyster Roast & Appreciation Party for all LIFE Group & Ministry Leaders! If you are interested in leading, assisting, or hosting a LIFE Group in the new semester of 2018, please let us know now on your Connect Card or contact Pastor Scott at email@example.com. Childcare will be provided.
- New to Coastal? Like to meet our Staff, Ministry Leaders and other new people like yourself? Like to learn more about Pastor Chris and the history of our church? Make plans to attend our next Necomer’s Reception, Sunday, December 3rd, immediately after our 11:15am service (it’s only about 30 minutes). Childcare and pizza are provided. You can sign up for our Newcomer’s Reception on our website, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or simply by responding to this email now.
- Interested in offically making Coastal your church home? Our next Membership Class is Monday night, December 4th, 6pm-9pm. Childcare and refreshments provided. You can sign up online, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or respond to this email.
- WAVES Student Christmas Party – Wednesday night, December 13th at 6pm. Bring a gift for the Annual White Elephant Gift Exchange! Wear your favorite Christmas PJ’s or Christmas Sweater! Invite & bring your friends!
With a Grateful Heart!
P.S. While you’re shopping online this weekend, don’t forget that you can also give online. You can give through our website, our App, or TEXT any amount to 843-277-8337 and give to our Annual Christmas Offering! Use the keyword “Christmas.” It’s simple, safe, secure, and convenient!