This past Sunday was AWESOME! Nothing like seeing people take next steps in baptism! We ended up baptising 16 people. That means that we have baptized close to 40 people this year! Some churches don’t see that in a life time. We also had 460 people in attendance (I think we’ve busted through 400 now) and the largest 2nd service we’ve ever had! In fact, I know this sounds crazy, but it was too large. What I mean by that is that is it was too large to sustain. It’s exciting for a service, but people won’t return long term if they can’t find a place to sit. We literally had to bring out more chairs and people were still standing. We’re working on a longer term solution (new building), but we definitely need people to consider coming to the 1st or 3rd service. Truthfully, with the 1st & 3rd service, we still have room to break 500 in attendance.
Happy Anniversary! That’s right, it’s been 1 year since we started our “All In” Giving Campaign! We’re getting so close to breaking ground and seeing your faith become a reality – a new building to reach more people for Jesus! So keep giving! Every gift above and beyond your regular giving counts and matters! Remember, not equal gifts, but equal sacrifice. If you give using PayPal from our website, you can designate your giving in the “Purpose” line. Simply designate the amount toward “All In”. If you give using texting, you can also give to “All In”. Simply text the amount to 843-277-8337 (a space) and then text the key word “building” or “AllIn” (no spaces). It’s that simple. Your giving is very important, especially in the 1st phase of construction (site work, foundation, concrete, downpayment on metal building), as we rely on those funds before we take our first draw from our loan.
We’re having an “All In” Meeting/Pizza Party on Friday night, November 7th, 6:30pm-8:30pm specifically for new people who have not yet participated in “All In” and would like to learn more about what we’re doing and how you can help. You can sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday.
Here are 5 Things I want you to make note of:
- We begin a new series on November 2nd on the book/life of Job! I’ve never preached on the life of Job, so I’m excited about this series. I also think that there are a lot of great principles and themes that directly speak to us today in this book. The tag line for the series is, “Trusting God’s Heart, When You Can Not See His Hand.”
- The month of October is “Operation Christmas Child” month at Coastal! Bring shoeboxes, toys, and other items to fill those shoeboxes to church. Our wrapping & packing party will be Saturday morning, November 8th, 10am-Noon. For more information about the ministry & mission of Operation Christmas Child, please check out their website.
- If you have any smart phone (iPhone, Android, or Windows), ipad, or tablet, download the new Coastal App! Simply go to your App Store and search for Coastal Community Church! It’s FREE! The App is a great way to spread the Gospel and keep up with all things Coastal! Make sure you enable push notifications so we can periodically send out important text notices.
- Interested in formalizing your commitment to Coastal? Want to officially join the Coastal family? Make plans to attend our next Membership Class on Monday night, November 3rd, from 6pm-9pm. Childcare and light refreshments provided. You can sign up on our website or on your Connect Card.
- Daylight Savings Time ends on Sunday, November 2nd at 2am. Your clocks “fall back” 1 hour.
Have a great weekend! Can’t wait to see you and your friends on Sunday!
Pastor Chris (PC)
P.S. A $75 non-refundable deposit for the Student Winter Retreat is due by November 5th. See Pastor Scott for more info.