Hopefully you’ve heard by now, but all 52 lights on our ONE Sign have now officially been lit! In fact, this past Sunday 2 more people gave their life to Jesus, which actually makes 53! So what are we going to do? We’re going to keep sharing the Gospel, keep inviting and bringing our friends, keep reaching out, keep loving! AND WE’RE GOING TO PARTY! On Sunday, November 19th, we’re having ONE Big Combined Service and ONE Big Party! The service time is 9:30am. Trust me, you’re not going to want to miss this service! We’re going to CELEBRATE Coastal Style! Immediately after the service, we’re going to feed you! There will be Barbeque (of course), fried chicken, mac & cheese, red rice, and CAKE! Make plans to be there and most importantly, invite & bring a friend to join you! It’s going to be AWESOME! Oh and feel free to bring lawn chairs, corn hole, frisbee, and enjoy the day with your Coastal friends & family!
Ministry Opportunity Spotlight:
Today, I’d like to highlight our Cafe Team! I don’t know if you know this or not, but WE GIVE AWAY A LOT OF FOOD AND COFFEE each week at Coastal – FOR FREE! This AWESOME Team of Volunteers makes all the coffee, puts out all the food, preps & cleans everything before and after each service. If you have ANY hospitality and food service experience, if you can smile and love making others smile, this just might be the Team for you! Reach out to Matt & Kathy Beam our Cafe Team Leaders today at 843-296-0203 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- October is Operation Christmas Chlid month at Coastal! Bring any toy that a child ages 2-13 would like that will fit in a shoe box (no perishables, liquids, used items, candy, or toys associated with war or fighting). Bring all donations to the church on Sunday morning or during the week until Sunday November 5th. Our Wrapping & Packing Party will be Friday, November 10th, 6pm. You can also donate money directly to the church to be used to purchase toys. Simply designate your gift “occ”.
- It seems like it’s a long way off, but we need to get the WAVES Student Ministry Silent Auction & Spaghetti Dinner on your radar. The date will be Friday, November 17th, 6:30pm-8:30pm. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased from our students or Ryan Spell. All the proceeds go to the Winter Retreat. The reason you need to know about it now is that Ryan needs to start collecting a list of goods/services/items that you might be willing to donate for the auction. If you have something to donate, you can sign up on your Connect Card or email email@example.com.
- Our Community Food Bank/Pantry is running low. You might not be aware of this, but throughout the week we give away A LOT of food to hungry/hurting people in our community. We accept all non-perishable food items, but definitely need rice, pasta, spaghetti sauce, soups, canned meats, and canned fruit. Simply bring the food with you to church on Sundays or drop it off during the week.
- Pastor Chris & Pastor Scott are leading a Trip to the Holy Land next year! The dates are November 5-14, 2018. The cost is $4200 (could be less depending on how many people go). If you are interested in going, there will be an information meeting immediately after church on Sunday, November 12th in the 1st-5th Grade auditorium. You can also learn more about the trip by visiting this link: http://www.maranathatours.com/Diamond-Nov-2018-Israel
- WAVES FRIDAY TAKEOVER, Friday night, October 27th, 6-9pm at Coastal. Costumes are HIGHLY encouraged! Best Costume will win a prize! Dinner, Candy, and Games! Invite and bring friends!
Celebration Time – Come On!
P.S. Don’t forget, you can support the ministry of Coastal any time and any where by giving through our website, our app (download our FREE App today), or through TEXTing (843-277-8337). Coastal is fully funded by the generous, consistent giving of its members – YOU!