One of the things that made last weekend so special was the family that we helped with the bedding need came to church on Sunday. After the service, the mom told me how much she enjoyed our service and that she wanted to thank our church for the beds and supplies for her children. I was almost in tears as she told me how one of her boys told her it was the best night of sleep he ever had and that he didn’t want to get out of bed! Thank you Coastal for serving and for giving. Whether it’s children at Oakland Elementary School, gifts for Operation Christmas Child, or supporting our Students going to the Winter Retreat – change the life of a child, change the world!
Our 10:15am service has been standing room only lately. At first that can be fun and exciting, but eventually it does get a little difficult, especially on our guests. If it really doesn’t matter to you, please make an effort to attend the 8:45am or 11:15am service (we have Newcomer’s Lunch immediately after the 3rd service this week). I promise we’re doing our best to work on a solution! I’m praying we’ll be in before Christmas!
Do your best to stay dry this weekend (good thing we had our Baptism last Saturday). Don’t let the rain keep you from church on Sunday! Our 1st Impression’s Team will be out in full force with plenty of umbrellas!
Here are 5 other things to remember:
- If you made a commitment to purchase chairs for our new facility, please try to fulfill your commitment during the month of October.
- New to Coastal? Sign up for our next Newcomer’s Lunch – THIS Sunday, October 4th, immediately after the 11:45am service (approx. 1pm). It’s a great opportunity to learn more about Coastal, meet other new people and our staff, enjoy a great meal, and discover possible next steps. Repsond to this emai or sign up online!
- Interested in getting more involved at Coastal? Want to learn the “inside scoop”? Attend our next FUEL Gathering, next Saturday, October 10th, 10am-Noon. Childcare provided. FUEL is for all Ministry Leaders, Volunteers, and anyone interested in serving.
- October is Operation Christmas Child month! Begin collecting toys, games, supplies, etc. that can fit in a shoebox. Also, start gathering your shoeboxes. You can bring your items and shoeboxes to church during the month of October. There will be an insert in the bulletin with more information. Our Packing Party will be at the church on Friday, November 13th, 6:30pm-8:30pm.
- Student Ministry (6th-12th Grade) Winter Retreat, January 15-18th in Pigeon Forge, TN. $175 per student. $75 deposit due November 8th. $100 balance due December 13th. See Michael for more information.
All In! LOVE CAN! Game On!