It is truly amazing what God is doing at Coastal right now! In fact, it’s not normal! Most churches today have either plateaued or are in decline. I was hoping the kick-off of “The Story of My Life” would finally push us through the 400 barrier and boy did it! For the kick-off we had 477 and since then we have had 425 and 432! I’d say we’ve broken through 400 and are heading fast and furious toward 500! In fact, we have had more guests in this little stretch than we have ever had in the history of our church. Keep inviting! Keep reaching out! Keep sharing! Let’s work like it all depends on us and then let’s pray like it all depends on God. Then we’ll walk by faith and trust God with the results!
To quote one of my favorite movies, “I think we need a bigger boat!” Well, we’re working on it. We’re getting closer and closer to getting our permit and getting started on our new building. In the meantime, if possible, come to the 1st or 3rd service. If you’re in the 2nd service, sit to the front (I promise I don’t bite) and center of each section to make room for more people.
Here are 5 Things I want you to make note of:
- The month of October is “Operation Christmas Child” month at Coastal! Bring shoeboxes, toys, and other items to fill those shoeboxes to church. Our wrapping & packing party will be Saturday morning, November 8th, 10am-Noon. For more information about the ministry & mission of Operation Christmas Child, please check out their website.
- This Sunday, October 12th, immediately following the 11:45am service we’re having a Newcomer’s Lunch. Newcomer’s Lunch is a great way for new people to learn more about Coastal, meet other new people and our staff, enjoy a great meal, and discover possible next steps. You can sign up here on our website.
- We’re having a Baptism Service in all 3 services on Sunday, October 19th! If you are interested in getting Baptized, simply respond to this email, sign up on our website, or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday!
- If you have any smart phone (iPhone, Android, or Windows), ipad, or tablet, please download the new Coastal App! Simply go to your App Store and search for Coastal Community Church! It’s FREE! The App is a great way to spread the Gospel and keep up with all things Coastal!
- Interested in going on a Missions Trip to Peru? There is an informational meeting on Sunday, October 19th, at 6:30pm at Coastal. See Pastor Scott Huff for more information.
Have a great Saturday! Can’t wait to see you and your friends on Sunday!
Forever & Always ALL IN!
Pastor Chris (PC)
P.S. Not only is October, “Operation Christmas Child” month, but we’re also collecting slightly used shoes to help provide water for Kenya. Simply tie the shoes together and place them in the barrels at church.