The Holidays have come and gone, the parties are over, the guests are gone, the decorations are down, and the kids are back in school. Yes – 2016 is here! Last week we took a look back at 2015 in my annual, “Year In Review” message. This Sunday is all about 2016, as I take a look at “The Year Ahead.” Don’t miss it! It’s an opportunity for me to remind us what Coastal is all about and where we are headed for 2016.
For those of you who have been gone for a while, come back! We miss you! This is a great week to come home. A new year brings new opportunities for growth and change. I’ve got a lot of changing and growing to do. On January 17th, we kick off a new series called, “Get Fit.” I’ll be talking about getting fit relationally, spiritually, financially, and yes, even physically. I’ve got some work to do in that area. I’ve got to lose weight and get healthy in 2016. We’ve all got next steps to take, areas to work on, areas to grow. What are yours? Let’s grow (or shrink) together!
- Our Newcomer’s Lunch scheduled for this Sunday after the 3rd service has been RESCHEDULED to Sunday, January 31st immediately after the 3rd Service (approx. 1pm). Sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday or online.
- Our Students leave for their Annual Winter Retreat to Gatlinburg TN for the Strength to Stand Conference on Friday, January 15th and return Saturday, January 18th. We have 35 students & adult volunteers going! Please keep them in your prayers!
- The new semester of LIFE Groups is fast on it’s way. Our LIFE Group Leader/Assistant Training is Saturday, January 23rd, 10am-Noon. LIFE Group Sunday is Sunday, January 24th (tent, booths, & signups)! LIFE Groups begin the week of February 7th!
- SAVE THE DATE Coastal and start signing up this Sunday! We’re having a Marriage Retreat/Conference on Friday night, February 12th (6-9pm Dinner included) & Saturday morning, February 13th (8-11:45am Breakfast & Refreshments included) at the newly renovated Doubletree Hotel (formerly the Holiday Inn) at the airport exit off of 526. Cost $100 per couple. If you and your spouse would like to stay the night (or 2) at the hotel we have a special room rate of $159 per night for Conference Attendees.
- Ready to formally make Coastal your church home? Our next Membership Class is Monday, February 1st, 6-9pm. Childcare & refreshments provided. Sign up on your Connect Card or online.
Well, I think that’s about it. We have a potential new Worship Leader leading Worship for us this Sunday and we announce the grand total of our Christmas Offering! Lots going on – don’t miss it!
Pastor Chris – PC