I’m so grateful to be a part of a church community that values and encourages honesty and being real – even from it’s Pastor. Last week I shared a little about my “personal, painful, and lifelong struggle” of losing weight and getting healthy. I’ve said it countless times, “revealing is the beginning of healing.” It’s true. As painful as it is to talk about and share, true life change starts with humble confession. What you’re afraid of and what you’re expecting is judgement, but what you find is grace, love, and encouragment. And true to form for our church, that’s exactly what I found. Thank you so much for your support and encouragement. It’s been a breath of fresh air (and I’ve lost 5 pounds)! I’ve got a long way to go, but at least I’m headed in the right direction with loving and supportive people. By the way, if you’re interested in going on the journey with me, sign up for my Bod4God LIFE Group this Sunday!
- The new semester of LIFE Groups is fast on it’s way! Our LIFE Group Leader/Assistant Training is this Saturday, January 23rd, 10am-Noon. LIFE Group Sunday is this Sunday, January 24th (tent, booths, & signups)! LIFE Groups begin the week of February 7th!
- Our next Newcomer’s Lunch is Sunday, January 31st immediately after the 3rd Service (approx. 1pm). Sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday or online.
- Ready to formally make Coastal your church home? Our next Membership Class is Monday, February 1st, 6-9pm. Childcare & refreshments provided. Sign up on your Connect Card or online.
- On Super Bowl Sunday, February 7th, help us restock our Community Food Pantry by bringing canned goods and non-perishable food items. Note: please remember to check the expiration dates of the food items you bring.
- SAVE THE DATE Coastal and start signing up this Sunday! We’re having a Marriage Retreat/Conference on Friday night, February 12th (6-9pm Dinner included) & Saturday morning, February 13th (8-11:45am Breakfast & Refreshments included) at the newly renovated Doubletree Hotel at the airport exit off of 526. Cost $100 per couple ($50 deposit due January 31st). If you and your spouse would like to stay the night (or 2) at the hotel we have a special room rate of $159 per night for Conference Attendees.
All In! Love Can! Game On!
Pastor Chris – PC