We kicked off a new series this past Sunday at Coastal called, “I Will” – not “I Could”, “I Might”, or “I Should”, but “I Will!” It’s all about taking action and making commitments in this new year that will lead toward our growth. Last week was, “I Will Reach My Friends for Christ.” This week is, “I Will Get Healthy.” Yes, we’re going to be talking about our physical health.
It’s been exactly 1 year since I’ve been on this health journey and although I’ve still got a long way to go, one thing I’ve learned is that the Bible definitely has a lot to say about our physical health. Join us this Sunday and make the commitment – “I Will Get Healthy in 2017!” No matter where you’re at, everyone has next steps to take. It’s all about small changes for life. We greatly overestimate what we can do in a week, but we underestimate what we can accomplish in a year.
Oh, and for a little extra fun, we’re giving away some fun health related stuff at the end of both of our services: a $50 gift card to Whole Foods, a brand new Fitbit Charge 2, and a FREE 6 month membership to Chucktown Fitness (my gym – the best gym in Charleston – and home away from home this past year!) that includes a Fitness Evaluation/Consultation, 1 Infinity Massage Session & 3 Ultimate Workout Classes!
Beginning this Sunday, you’ll see our “ONE” sign mounted in the auditorium as you enter and exit. We will be officially lighting the bulbs starting this week for the number of people who have given their lives to Christ so far this year through the ministry of our church! Keep praying! Keep serving! Keep loving! Keep inviting! And don’t forget – each one of us, praying once a day, for 1 minute, at 1pm, for 1 person – the Power of ONE!
- Our wonderful Cafe needs volunteers! Each week at Coastal we give away A LOT of coffee and food! That means each week our wonderful volunteers set up, set out, make, put away, and clean up! If you love people, love serving, and have a little bit of hospitality in your heart, consider serving in our Cafe! You can respond to this email, sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday, or email Matt Beam directly at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- LIFE Group Training for ALL Leaders, Assistants & Hosts is next Saturday, January 28th, 10am-12noon. LIFE Group Sunday (where you can sign up for a Group and we set up a Big Tent with LIFE Group Booths) is January 29th and the new LIFE Group Semester will start the week of February 12th. It’s going to be a great LIFE Group Semester!
- New to Coastal? Want to learn more about the church and find out how to get connected? Join us for the next Newcomer’s Reception, THIS Sunday, January 22nd, immediately following the 11:15am service in the Welcome Center. Meet other new people and our staff, enjoy some great desserts and coffee, win some prizes and discover possible next steps. Sign up online or on your Connect Card on Sunday.
- Interested in offically making Coastal your church home? Our next Membership Class is THIS Monday, January 23rd, 6-9pm. Childcare and refreshments provided. Sign up online or on your Connect Card on Sunday.
- Looking for a place to serve at Coastal? Don’t want to miss a service? Enjoy technology and fast on your feet (fingers)? We’re looking for volunteers in our Tech Booth – specifically with computer (slide presentation), lights, and video. If you’re slightly tech savvy and have the desire, we’d love to train you! Respond to this email, contact Christopher (email@example.com), or let us know on your Connect Card.
P.S. Unless you hear otherwise, Chair set-up is always on Saturdays at 9am! Love for you to join us! With 6 or more people it only takes 30 minutes or less! Great exercise, great service, and great fun!