One of the marks of a growing, thriving church is change. There are several changes coming for Coastal I want you to know about. Some of those changes are small; some are big. One small change coming is our new sign out front. The previous sign was destroyed and replaced with a temporary banner. Our new sign should be ready in about a week. It will be a simple, clean, contemporary look.
Sometime this Spring, we will be going to electronic child check-in for our Sunday morning Children’s Ministry. Parents will be assigned a number and given a key card that they will swipe and their child’s sticker will be printed. It is a faster, more efficient way of checking in our children.
Another change in March is really more of an addition. We will be adding another option for giving to Coastal – texting. After a very simple one step sign up process, anyone with a smart phone will be able to text any amount, any time, any where, and give to Coastal. It is simple, safe, and secure. It is not tied to your phone bill. It is connected to your Bank/Credit/Debit card that you register. It’s just another way to make it convenient for people to worship God through their giving.
Probably one of the biggest ways that people find and come to Coastal is through our website. For a church our size, we have a pretty decent website. However, we felt like it was time for a change. Our current website was looking a little dark and dated, so we decided to give it an overhaul. Look for the unveiling in about a week.
Wow! Lots of exciting changes! And those don’t even include our new building and our search for a new Worship Pastor. Healthy things grow and growth means change. I’m just excited to be a part of a church that values and embraces change as an asset and not a liability.
On Sunday, March 2nd, we kick off a new series called, “Hello, My Name Is.” We’re going to be looking at some of the lesser known characters in the Bible and how their stories intersect with ours and what their lives can teach us.
We’re going to kick off the series with something called, “Nametag Sunday.” I don’t know about you, but we have so many new people each and every week that I have a hard time remembering everyone’s name. Well, instead of asking only guests to wear Nametags, everyone is going to wear one! It will be a fun way to kick off the series and a great way to invite your friends – because everyone is going to feel like a guest! And who knows? You might just meet someone new and remember their name! Sunday, March 2nd, start praying and inviting!
Here are 5 more things I want you to know about:
- Our Children’s Director, Janet Rollins, is putting together a VBS Planning Team! If you are interested in helping to plan and organize VBS this year, shoot Janet an email and let her know – firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Interested in joining Coastal’s Security Team? Simply respond to this email or check the box on your Connect Card on Sunday.
- Prayerfully consider making a contribution to your “All In” Campaign commitment on Easter Sunday! If you are new to Coastal and would like more information about our New Building Campaign, check the box on the back of your Connect Card or respond to this email.
- We are forming a new team to help serve, host, and clean up at our Newcomer’s Lunches (approx. 6 times a year). If you are interested, please respond to this email or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday.
- Is Social Media – facebook, twitter, instagram – a part of your everyday life? If the answer is yes, make sure you friend, follow, or add Coastal. Coastal’s facebook. Coastal’s twitter. Coastal’s instagram (brand new).
Have a great weekend! See you and your friends on Sunday!
Always & Forever All In!
(and yes, make sure you friend)Pastor Chris