DON’T FORGET – ONLY 1 SERVICE THIS SUNDAY – 9:30AM – NO 11:15AM SERVICE! If you’re in town this Labor Day weekend, let’s pack out our building with one huge combined service! You might even get to meet some people you don’t normally see from another service!
Okay, now that that’s out of the way – WOW – I can’t say enough good things about LIFE Group Sunday last week! Each and every one of our LIFE Group Leaders did such an amazing job with their Tables/Booths! And the best part is that we had over 300 LIFE Group Sign-Ups! LIFE Groups begin the week of September 10th. It’s not too late to sign up! While there are multiple ways to sign up, you only have to sign up ONE TIME, ONE WAY! 1.) You can view the LIFE Group Catalog and sign up online. 2.) You can sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday. 3.) There will be several tables in the back of the auditorium with all the different sign up lists – you can sign up there. Once you sign up, your LIFE Group Leader will contact you before the Group begins.
Hurricane Harvey Relief:
Living in Charleston, we are well acquainted with hurricanes and storms. We’ve all seen the heartbreaking images coming out of Texas and the Houston area in particular as they begin what looks like a very, very long recovery process from Hurricane Harvey. As a church we’ve been praying about how we can help. Most of you know that I’ve been in a Pastor’s Coaching Network for a number of years. About 5 times a year I meet with 25-30 Pastors from around the country for a time of learning and coaching. In fact it’s how I met our new Associate Pastor Scott. Well it just so happens that one of those Pastors that both Scott and I have been in Coaching with is Mike McGown of Parkway Fellowship Church in Katy, TX (basically a suburb just west of Houston – http://parkwayfellowship.com/harvey).
We got in touch with Pastor Mike and asked how we could help (most of this week, Pastor Mike has been trapped at his home surrounded by water). We decided to partner with their church in helping with their recovery. Their church is being used as a collection/distribution center. They sent us a list of needs that they are collecting for Flood Relief. During the month of September (beginning this Sunday) we are going to be collecting these items at the church and then look to deliver these items in early October (some items/supplies will be shipped/sent earlier). We’ve also talked to our good friends at Oakland Elementary School across the street and the students/faculty will be joining with us in collecting these items (how awesome is that!).
Here is the list we were sent:
PERSONAL CARE ITEMS
Shampoo / Conditioner Razors
New, packaged underwear & socks (all sizes)
Contact Lens Saline Solution
Heavy duty trash bags
Box cutters / Sheetrock knives
Gift Cards in increments no larger than $100 (groceries, gas, Lowes/HomeDepot)
Ziplock bags (quart & gallon)
One of our “Tailgating” Tents, on Sunday, September 17th will be set aside specifically for Hurricane Relief Collection! When you invite & bring your friends to church that day, encourage them to bring supplies!
A portion of our offering over the next month will be given/sent directly to Parkway Fellowship Church for Flood Relief. If you would like to give above and beyond your regular giving, directly toward the Flood Relief, you can give through TEXTing. TEXT the amount to 843-277-8337 (space) and then type the keyword “Harvey”.
Obviously we can give to/through many different organizations, but I thought it might be good to have a contact there in the area that we actually know and trust – and who can get the supplies/money to the people who need it most. If you are interested in making the trip with us to Houston or if you have access to a large trailer or shipping/delivery contacts, please let us know. Thank you in advance for having such caring/giving hearts.
- Have you heard yet that this Sunday, September 3rd (Labor Day Weekend) we will only have one Sunday morning Worship Service – our 9:30am service – no 11:15am service?
- Our next Membership Class is Saturday, September 9th, 9am-12noon. Childcare and refreshments provided. You can sign up online, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or respond to this email.
- Sunday, September 17th is going to be a BIG DAY at Coastal! We’ll be kicking off a new series, “After God’s Heart.” It’s a series about the life of David. Begin praying now about who you will invite and bring! Pray for your ONE! There will be Tailgating, Food, Jump Castles, Kona Ice, and Baptisms!
- WE NEED TAILGATERS for our Big Day, Sunday, September 17th. Respond to this email or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday if you’d like to participate.
- On Sunday, September 17th, after each service, in the center of all the Tailgating Tents we’re going to have an outdoor Baptism Service! You can sign up to get Baptized on our website, on your Connect Card, or simply respond to this email.
I LOVE OUR CHURCH!
P.S. Travel weekends (like Labor Day Weekend) are a great time to watch our services live online and to take advantage of all the digital ways to give to Coastal and automate your giving:
- TEXTing (843-277-8337)
- Our App (did you know Coastal has an App? Look for our FREE App in your App Store – Coastal Community Church of Charleston)
- Or our website.