Like we always say, “Work, serve, and invite like it all depends on you. Pray like it all depends on God. Trust God and celebrate the results.” Well, as always, God showed up in a big way this past Sunday! After all the craziness of having to postpone our Big Day because of the storm and the mailing going out that same week, our kick-off was still amazing! We had 732 in attendance! 23 1st Time Guest Connect Cards filled out! 6 people recommitted their life to Jesus! And most importantly, 2 more people gave their life to Jesus! Wow! Wow! Wow! Keep it up Coastal! Keep praying, keep serving, keep loving, keep inviting! Keep making room for more and more people to come to Jesus!
And then the other thing that really stood out about Sunday was how everyone responded to the different tangible ways to put their faith into action! I can’t tell you how proud I am of our church! Habitat for Humanity ReStore filled their truck! Red Cross had 2 full pages of blood donors! In fact, get this – because of your response, they are bringing the mobile blood bank to our campus on our Tailgating Sunday (you can give blood and get barbecue)! Our Food Bank was desperately low and now it is filled to overflowing! We collected lots and lots of shoeboxes, toys, and supplies for Operation Christmas Child and are in great shape as we prepare for the Wrapping & Packing Party on Friday, November 2nd! And Oakland Elementary School now has over 60 volunteers from our church! Coastal, you just never cease to amaze me! I am constantly blown away by your generosity!
Oh, and speaking of generosity – remember how you gave over $3000 to our VBS Mission Offering this Summer? It went to the Children’s Home in Zambia, Africa so that they could install irrigation pipes to bring water to their garden to supply food for the children and community. Well, check out these awesome pictures we just got this week! At Coastal Community Church, “we exist to share and experience the LIFE & LOVE of Jesus with Charleston and the world!”
Don’t forget that we go back to our “normal” service times this Sunday – 9:30am & 11:15am.
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
1. FINALLY. . .LIFE Groups have started! And here’s the good news – it’s still not too late to sign up! There are 3 different ways to sign up for Groups at Coastal, but you only have to sign up one time/one way. You can sign up on your Connect Card, online from our website, or at the LIFE Group Tables in the back of our auditorium. Go to our website, check out the catalog, and sign up for a LIFE Group today!
2. Looking for a way to serve our community and make an IMPACT? Come and be a part of Saturday Serve! Saturday Serve meets the first Saturday of every month (the next one is October 6th) at 8:30am in the Welcome Center. We explain all the different serving opportunities that day, pray, and then send everyone off.
3. Our Annual Coastal Tailgating Day – is Sunday, October 14th! Sign up this Sunday on your Connect Card for a Tailgating Spot (we’d love to have 15-20 Tailgaters)! We’ll also have jump castles and other outdoor activities for the kids. The Mobile Blood Bank from the Red Cross will be there. And after each service, in the center of all the Tailgating Tents we’re going to have an outdoor Baptism Service! You can sign up to get Baptized on our website, on your Connect Card, or simply respond to this email.
4. New to Coastal? Join us Sunday, October 28th in the Welcome Center, immediately following the 11:15am service for our Newcomer’s Reception. This is a great way to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people. Pizza and childcare provided. RSVP online or on your Connect Card.
5. Pastor Ryan and his wife Gracie are expecting a Baby Girl! You are invited to a church-wide Baby Shower (men & women) in their honor on Sunday, October 28th at 6pm. The Spell’s are registered at Target and Amazon.
P.S. Being a Member of Coastal is really about being a part of a family. The next Membership Class is Monday night, October 29th, 6pm-9pm. Childcare and light refreshments are provided. You can sign up for the class on our website, or simply respond to this email.