In Mark 11:22-24 Jesus said this, “Have faith in God. I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart. I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours.”
What in the world is Jesus talking about here? One of the reasons I’m so excited about this “Daring Faith” series is we’re going to see some flat out miracles in people’s lives. Because every time you stretch your faith God does miracles – every . . .single. . . time. My question for you today is this, are you in need of a miracle? What’s the mountain in your life? What’s the mountain that needs to be moved? What is the mountain in your life that you’ve been saying, “It’s never going to change?” That’s a self-defeating, self-fulfilling prophesy. How do you know? Maybe God wants to do a miracle in your life. Well, it’s faith that opens the door for miracles. God is in the mountain moving, miracle performing business. This coming Sunday I’m going to be talking about how to prepare for a miracle. Maybe you need a miracle in your marriage. Maybe you need a miracle in your finances. Maybe you need a miracle in a relationship. Don’t miss this Sunday! Invite and bring a friend! Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and He wants to move in your life!
I can’t say enough good things about the kickoff to our “Daring Faith” series – most importantly our LIFE Groups! Get this – 453 adults have signed up for a LIFE Group this semester!! Even though our Groups have already started this week, the actual study portion of the Groups begins this coming week. So if you haven’t joined a Group yet, it’s still not too late.You can sign up right now online, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or at the LIFE Group Tables on Sunday. The Groups only last for a total of 8 weeks. Join a Group and see what all the excitement is about!
The other part of the “Daring Faith” series that I’m excited about is the 40 Day Fast and Daily Devotional! The Fast & Daily Devotional all begin this coming Monday, September 30th and end on Friday, November 8th. Begin praying now about what you will give up for the Fast. This truly IS going to be a move of God at our church! We already have over 175 people who have decided to join us in our fast. If you would like to participate with us, simply respond to this email or you can sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday. It’s that simple. We’ll then add you to a specific email group and send you periodic notes of encouragement and information over the course of the fast. Your 40 Day Daily Devotional also begins this coming Monday. The Devotional is a part of the LIFE Group Study Guide. If you didn’t already pick one up at church or from your LIFE Group Leader, you can pick one up at church this Sunday.
Daring to Believe With You!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- Since 1993, Samaritan’s Purse has partnered with local churches around the world to deliver over 157 million Operation Christmas Child shoebox gifts to children in need in 160 countries. Each one—packed full of fun toys, school supplies, and hygiene items—is sent with prayer that the child who receives it will experience God’s love through their simple gifts. Between now and November 10th we’re asking everyone to bring any toys that will fit in a shoe box (no perishables, liquids, used items, candy, or toys associated with war or fighting). We will be Sorting & Setting Up everything on Friday, November 15th, 4-8pm. Our Wrapping & Packing Party will be Saturday morning, November16th, 10am at the church. Here are some suggested things to bring: Hot Wheels cars, children’s jewelry, small balls, stuffed animals, books, noise makers, yo-yo’s, travel size games, cards, small craft kits, stickers, flashlights with batteries, brushes, combs, toothbrushes, hairbands, small notebooks, pencils, pens, erasers, solar powered calculators, markers, crayons, colored pencils, pencil sharpeners, rulers, socks.
- We are collecting bags of candy for Oakland Elementary School’s Annual “Trunk or Treat” on Thursday night, October 24th, 5-6:30pm. You can bring the candy to church any time between now and Sunday, October 20th.
- Did you know that there are 359 children in foster care in Charleston County, and only 134 foster homes to care for them? Coastal has the opportunity to come alongside existing foster families to support children in foster care in our community through prayer support, bringing meals, and child mentoring/babysitting. We are currently seeking additional Advocates to join the leadership team at Coastal for this ministry. We ask that you prayerfully consider this opportunity and contact Tami Gilbert at email@example.com for more information.
- Did you know that we now have a College & Young Adult (18-25) Ministry at Coastal? Scott Huff, our new Associate Pastor, is leading this Ministry. In fact, he’s hosting a College/Young Adult “Daring Faith” LIFE Group at his home this semester on Tuesday nights at 7pm. You can sign up online or at the church this Sunday! We’re also taking our College Students & Young Adults to this year’s Passion Conference, Dec. 31 – Jan. 2 in Atlanta, GA! What an awesome way to usher in the New Year! The total cost for the trip is $230. That cost includes conference, travel, & lodging (food is the only additional cost). If you’re interested in going and would like more information, please contact Scott Huff at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reserve your spot today from our website!
- Mark your calendars – our next Saturday Serve is NEXT Saturday, October 5th! If you haven’t come to a Saturday Serve yet, make plans to come in October! I promise you, you’ll be glad you came and that you will receive so much more than you give. Saturday Serve is open to EVERYONE in our community. You do not need to be a Member of our church to participate (you don’t even have to be an attender). We meet in the Coastal Café at 8:30am. After a few minutes of getting to know one another, leaders of multiple projects will brief you on the particulars of the projects they are leading. Afterwards, you’ll choose the project that’s of interest to you and off you’ll go! All projects are typically finished before lunchtime, so it’s not a sacrifice of your entire Saturday. Come out and help us tangibly share and experience the LIFE and LOVE of Jesus with our community!
P.S. People are so excited about what we’re getting ready to build that many people have already started giving toward our “Daring Faith” Giving Campaign! If you would like to start giving toward your commitment (above and beyond your regular giving) all you have to do is designate your gift, “Daring Faith”on your check or under “Add special instructions to the seller” on PayPal on our website. If you are texting your gift, text any amount to 843-277-8337 with the keyword, “daringfaith” (all one word). As always, we are keeping records of your giving and whatever your give now will be added to your total amount on Commitment Sunday, November 10th. As always, you can give through our website, our App (yes, we have a FREE App), or TEXT any amount to 843-277-8337! Try it today!