It’s been quite a whirlwind of a week around here at Coastal! Hopefully, you’ve heard by now that construction has begun on our new facility! And by construction, I mean interior demolition and outside site work. It’s all so surreal watching the walls come down, thinking about all the memories and lives changed in these rooms. However, it gets me excited thinking about the future, all the new memories that will be made, and lives that will be changed for generations to come! And by the way, none of this could be done without YOU and your faithful generous giving!
Not only has construction started, but our Coastal Kidz Children’s Ministry has gone portable! During construction Coastal Kidz will be meeting across the street (where most of you park) at Orange Grove Middle School! We will be setting up Coastal Kidz every Saturday morning at 8:30am. We would LOVE for you to join us! If you are interested in being a part of the Coastal Kidz Set-Up Team, respond to this email or reach out to Janet Rollins at 843-442-8299.
You might have noticed that we now have a Sign Language Interpreter for the deaf and hearing impaired in our 9:30am service! Our interpreter is Marissa Py. Marissa and her husband Jordan and their family have been coming to Coastal in person since the beginning of the Summer. If you see her on Sunday, thank her for her ministry and welcome them to Coastal! If you know of any individuals who would benefit from an interpreter, please help us spread the word!
Don’t forget that we now have both of our Sunday morning worship services (9:30am & 11:15am) open for in-person worship. Our 9:30am service is the only service with Coastal Kidz Children’s Ministry, BUT we’re adding Coastal Kidz to the 11:15am service NEXT Sunday, October 4th. If you are interested in volunteering in Coastal Kidz in any capacity, please respond to this email or reach out to Janet Rollins at 843-442-8299. Just like pre-COVID, our 9:30am service is the larger service. If it doesn’t matter to you which service you attend, would you please consider coming to the 11:15am service. It would help us to continue to spread people out.
LIFE & LOVE!
(We exist to share and experience the LIFE & LOVE of Jesus with Charleston & the world!)
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- Upcoming Outreach Projects:
Saturday Serve – The foundation of all of our serving opportunities at Coastal really starts with Saturday Serve – the first Saturday of every month. The next Saturday Serve is NEXT Saturday, October 3rd. We meet in the Welcome Center/Cafe, project leaders make a “pitch” for their serving opportunity, and then we serve! Come and join us next Saturday!
Tricounty Family Ministries – We will be assisting with the Emergency Grocery Distribution.on on Wednesday, October 7th, from 9am until 1pm.
Soldier’s Angels – We’ll be helping with the Veteran’s Mobile Food Distribution on Friday, October 9th, 8am-1pm. If you are interested in serving in any of these projects or have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- We need your help! Our church is collecting new or used back packs, heavy duty bags, or small suit cases on wheels. We regularly help out Tricounty Family Ministries with their Wednesday meal distribution. If you have a car, you pretty much can take as much food as you can load into your vehicle. However, if you’re homeless and without a car, you can only take what you can carry. They are given grocery bags, but come on, have you seen grocery bags lately? Not very sturdy. This is a simple fix. So if you’ve got old gym bags, back packs, sturdy bags, or small suit cases on wheels laying around, bring them to church this Sunday, September 27th! We’ll have a tent & table to drop them off and we’ll take it from there! Thanks in advance for your generosity!
- One of our favorite missions that we support here at Coastal is Operation Christmas Child (OCC). Well, because of COVID-19, OCC is going to look a little different this year at Coastal. We will not be having our big “Wrapping & Packing Party.” Instead our OCC Team here at Coastal and a few other volunteers will pack & wrap boxes with the current gifts/supplies we already have on hand (You can sign up on your Connect Card to be a part of that Team). From this point forward, what we are asking our church is to simply take home the shoeboxes we provide and pack them as a family and then bring back your completed boxes to the church between now and Sunday, November 15th. Weather permitting there will be a table right outside our building with shoeboxes ready to take home each Sunday. This would be a GREAT opportunity for you to teach your children about generosity, the true meaning of Christmas, and the love of Jesus. You can go to OCC’s website for a great list of suggested gifts/items for the shoeboxes. Different is not bad. We really believe that we still have an opportunity to pack hundreds and hundreds of shoeboxes and share the love of Jesus with children all around the world! Pray about how many boxes your family would be willing to pack, step out in faith, grab a few shoeboxes on Sunday, and help us do just that!
- LIFE Groups have started!! But it’s still not too late to join one! Go online right now and check out the Fall Semester LIFE Group Catalogand sign up for a Group today! And yes, you can sign up for multiple groups. There are a variety of groups (both in-person and/or online) on almost every day of the week. YOU NEED THIS! WE NEED THIS! So check them out and join one today!
- As a part of the series (“Hope in the Dark”), we’re providing a daily devotional (5 days a week) and a weekly memory verse for the duration of the series as we read, study, and pray through 1 Peter together as a church. If you haven’t already done so, sign up for the devotional (it will be emailed to you daily)! I really believe this is going to be a great study and a great series for our church and our community! As always, invite and bring a friend to Coastal – either in-person or online.
P.S. Attention Ladies! Have you ever walked through a season where you just felt stuck? You’re invited to an in-person watch party of the “Dare to Be” Women’s Event on Sunday, October 4th at 8pm as Charlotte Gambill & Natalie Grant help us discover that God has already given us what we need to MOVE BEYOND! And, guess what? Our church has paid the ticket price for this event, so it’s FREE to you and anyone who wants to attend. Invite and bring a friend, a co-worker, a neighbor, or a family member that needs a moment to reconnect and recharge in an evening of worship and Bible Study lead by women, for women of all ages. For more information or to RSVP, please reach out to Rachel Speer or Dawn Judd.