So, if you’ve been to any of our “Daring Faith” Campaign Information Meetings you’ve already seen the short video above. It’s a 3D rendering from our architects of what we’re going to be building this year, Phase 1, with a little teaser at the end, of Phase 2. Coastal, this is what we’re stepping out in faith and attempting to accomplish in 2020 – the 30 year anniversary of our church! Join us in the adventure of faith! The entire “Daring Faith” Campaign kicks off on Sunday, September 22nd – NEXT SUNDAY! Don’t miss it! It’s going to be a Big Day in the life of our church! Make sure you invite and bring a friend! Lives are going to change and miracles are going to happen in this series!
And this is why it’s so important for you to come to one of the remaining information meetings. In fact, there are now 7 meetings left for you to choose from. At these meetings you’ll receive your “Daring Faith” packet, coloring book, offering bank, and commitment card. I’ll explain the entire giving campaign, what we’re going to build, and how you can be a part of it. We’re providing childcare (except for the 7am Wednesday meeting) & food at each meeting. We’re doing everything we can to make it easy and convenient for everyone to attend just one of these meetings. There are three meetings this weekend – today at 12noon, Saturday morning (tomorrow) at 9am, and Sunday night at 6pm. Today for lunch we’re having Spaghetti Bake, Saturday morning we’re having a Pancake Breakfast, and on Sunday night we’re having Fried Chicken (yes, we’re shamelessly luring you with food)! You can sign up right now online. These meetings are NOT LIFE Groups.
Our “Daring Faith” LIFE Groups start the week of September 22nd – in just ONE WEEK!! Several Groups are already full, but there are still a lot to choose from. You can sign up now online, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or at the LIFE Group Tables on Sunday. You only have to sign up one time, one way. If you’ve already signed up for a Group, you are signed up.
During the “Daring Faith” Campaign we’re asking everyone to participate in a 40 Day Fast! The Fast & Daily Devotional all begin on Monday, September 30th and end on Friday, November 8th. Begin praying now about what you will give up for the Fast. This truly IS going to be a move of God at our church!
Daring to Believe With You!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- New to Coastal? Join us THIS Sunday, September 15th, in the Welcome Center immediately following the 11:15am service for our next Newcomers Reception. This is a great way to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people. Pizza and childcare provided. RSVP online or on your Connect Card. You can also simply respond to this email and let us know that you’re coming.
- Waves Student Ministry fall semester has begun! From 6pm-8pm every Wednesday, Students 6th-12th Grade are invited to bring all their friends to come out for a night filled with food, games, worship, message and small groups. You’re not going to want to miss out! Plus, make sure you pick up our NEW T-SHIRT! Make sure to check out the Waves Student Ministry Instagram for more updates – @wavesstudentministry.
- Did you know that there are 359 children in foster care in Charleston County, and only 134 foster homes to care for them? Coastal has the opportunity to come alongside existing foster families to support children in foster care in our community through prayer support, bringing meals, and child mentoring/babysitting. We are currently seeking additional Advocates to join the leadership team at Coastal for this ministry. We ask that you prayerfully consider this opportunity and contact Tami Gilbert at email@example.com for more information.
- Did you know that we now have a College & Young Adult (18-25) Ministry at Coastal? Scott Huff, our new Associate Pastor, is leading this Ministry. In fact, he’s hosting a College/Young Adult “Daring Faith” LIFE Group at his home this semester on Tuesday nights at 7pm starting September 24th. You can sign up online or at the church this Sunday!
We’re also taking our College Students & Young Adults to this year’s Passion Conference, Dec. 31 – Jan. 2 in Atlanta, GA! What an awesome way to usher in the New Year! The total cost for the trip is $200 due by September 15th. The cost will go up to $230 after September 15th – THIS SUNDAY! That cost includes conference, travel, & lodging (food is the only additional cost). If you’re interested in going and would like more information, please contact Scott Huff at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reserve your spot today from our website!
- We’re looking for volunteers to serve over at Oakland Elementary School this year – the Elementary School across the street from our church. At Coastal, we believe that if you change the life of a child, you help to change the world! We have a special relationship with Oakland that has been built on years and years of service and generosity (and quite a few doughnuts and lots of coffee). If you would be willing to assist in a classroom, help classes in the lunchroom, or even be a Lunch Buddy, please respond to this email or reach out to Susan Cumbie at Susan.Cumbie@us.bosch.com. Let’s help make this the best year ever at Oakland!
P.S. Have you heard? There are 3 “Daring Faith” Information Meetings THIS WEEKEND – 1 today at 12noon, 1 at 9am on Saturday morning(tomorrow) and 1 at 6pm on Sunday night. You can sign up right now online. Remember, these are NOT LIFE Groups! It’s at these meetings that you’ll receive your “Daring Faith” packet, coloring book, offering bank, and commitment card! Pastor Chris will explain the entire giving campaign, what we’re going to build, and how you can be a part of it. Childcare & food provided at both meetings. We’re doing everything we can to make it easy and convenient for everyone to attend.