I’M BACK! Not that I’ve actually gone anywhere, but this Sunday I’m back preaching! Before we kick off a new series (more about that in just minute), before we open up our new facility, I think it’s important to look back at where we’ve been, to mark this moment in time, and remember what and who got us here. And that’s what I want us to do on Sunday. So don’t miss it! I really believe it’s going to be a powerful Sunday.
And then on the following Sunday, September 19th, I’ll be kicking off a brand new series that I’m very excited about. It’s a 9 week series on the Fruit of the Spirit. Galatians 5:22-23 says this, “But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.”
Earlier in Galatians the Apostle Paul uses this little phrase, “until Christ is fully developed in your life.” That’s what the fruit of the Spirit is. It’s a picture of Jesus fully developed in your life. You see, Jesus is love. Jesus is joy. Jesus is peace. Jesus is patience. He’s kindness. He’s goodness. He’s faithfulness and gentleness and self-control. And so each week, we’re going to look at each one of those qualities and talk about what it looks like to have that quality fully developed in your life. And not only that, but we’re going to be giving everyone a daily devotional that follows along with each week of the series. Several of our LIFE Groups are going to use small group questions that we provide each week to dig deeper into that week’s message. I really believe it’s going to be a great series. You’re not going to want to miss it. In fact, I want to challenge you to invite and bring someone with you to church.
Our new facility is really taking shape! I can’t wait for everyone to see it! All the carpet and flooring has been installed, furniture has been delivered and unpacked, the indoor playground has been installed, and some of the concrete out front has been poured. There are still a lot of details, technology, and sitework to be completed, but the end is definitely in sight. It’s looking more and more like our first Sunday using the new facility will be October 3rd. But again, as soon as I know, you will know, and we will PARTY!
I love you Coastal and I love being your Pastor!
LIFE & LOVE!
- If you’re fairly new to Coastal, a great next step is our Newcomers Reception. Our next Newcomers Reception is Sunday, October 3rd, in the Welcome Center immediately following the 11:15am service (at approximately 12:30pm). This is a great way to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people. You can respond to this email, sign up on our website, or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday.
- Have you signed up for a LIFE Team yet – Coastal Kidz, First Impressions, Cafe, Security, Worship, Tech? Our LIFE Teams are the volunteers who carry out the mission of Coastal. To see a complete list of our LIFE Teams go to our website and sign up today!
- UPCOMING OUTREACH PROJECTS:
PINK House – The PINK House is a community center in the Ardmore subdivision in West Ashley. We are going to be putting on a community Tailgate Party, Clothing Distribution, TOMORROW, Saturday, September 11th, 10am-1pm.
Soldier’s Angels – We’ll be helping with the Veteran’s Mobile Food Distribution, Tuesday, September 14th, 8am-1pm.
Tricounty Family Ministries – We will be assisting with their Emergency Grocery Distribution, Wednesday, September 15th, 9:45am-1pm. Meet at: 2105 Cosgrove Ave. North Charleston.
If you are interested in serving in any of these projects, you can sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday or sign up now on our website. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- Waves Student Ministry (6th-12th Grade) is back and meeting regularly on Wednesday nights! Doors will open at 6pm and all Students 6th-12th grade are invited to come out and join in a night of fellowship and growth from 6pm-8pm. Food, games, worship, a Biblical message and small groups are all part of a Wednesday night at Waves Student Ministry, so invite and bring a friend! For any questions, reach out to Pastor Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org, 859-230-5129.
- Interested in serving in our Coastal Kidz Children’s Ministry (Birth-5th Grade)? Go to our website, check out all the different volunteer positions, and sign up today! It’s that easy! There will be a Training THIS Sunday night, September 12th, 5pm-6:30pm. We will meet in the worship auditorium or you can attend through Zoom (https://us02web.zoom.us/j/4864196205). This will be a great time for us to pray, plan, and prepare for all that God has in store for Coastal KIdz as we move into our new facility. Plus you can get a sneek peek at our new facility! This is also a great time for returning or new volunteers to get connected in Children’s Ministry at Coastal. If you have any questions or to RSVP, please reach out to Janet Rollins at email@example.com or 843-442-8299.
P.S. Have you signed up for a LIFE Group yet? As always, there are multiple ways to sign up for a Group, but you only have to sign up one time/one way. You can sign up online from our website, on your Connect Card (in-person or online), or at the LIFE Group Tables/Sign-up sheets in the Welcome Center. And this semester, we have the most Groups we’ve ever had – 29 different LIFE Groups – online and/or in-person Groups, activity Groups, study Groups, support Groups, and more! There is something for EVERYONE! Unless otherwise indicated, most of Groups begin the week of September 19th and last 8-12 weeks. Make sure you check out our catalog and start signing up today!