As you can see from the picture above, the weather for this past Sunday’s Beach Baptism was a little tricky to say the least. Ominous might be a better word. However, when this picture was taken, if you were to turn around and look out into the ocean, it was clear skies – at least long enough for us to get everyone Baptized, 13 more people to be exact! Even though our Beach Baptisms are over for the Summer, don’t forget that if you’re ready to be Baptized, we’re ready to do it any Sunday, any service. Simply let us know when.
I want to thank everyone who has been bringing food to replenish our Community Food Bank. This Sunday, immediately after each service we’re going to be handing out our blue fabric Coastal Bags for people to take home, fill up with food, and return the following Sunday.
You should have received an email from me this week inviting you to sign up for a “Daring Faith Campaign Information Meeting” at the church. There are 13 different meetings to choose from on different dates and different times from September 3rd-20th. The meetings will last approximately 75 minutes. Childcare and food will be provided at all of them to make it convenient for everyone to attend. These meetings are NOT LIFE Groups. At these meetings I will explain in great detail the entire Daring Faith Campaign – what we’re going to build, how much it will cost, how we’re going to do it, and answer any of your questions. At that meeting you’ll also receive your Campaign Packet, Commitment Card, Offering Bank, & Coloring Book.
We’re asking our entire church, everyone who considers Coastal their church home – YOU – to pick a date/time and attend just one of those meetings. You can sign up 1 of 4 ways: on your Connect Card on Sunday, at the Daring Faith Campaign Table in the back of the auditorium, respond to this email, or directly from our website.
Here’s a list of the meetings (Childcare & Food provided at ALL of them):
September 3: Tuesday evening @7:00PM
September 4: Wednesday morning @7AM
September 4: Wednesday morning @9AM
September 6: Friday evening @7PM
September 8: Sunday @1PM
September 8: Sunday @6PM
September 12: Thursday evening @ 7PM
September 13: Friday Lunch @12PM
September 14: Saturday morning @9AM
September 15: Sunday evening @6PM
September 17: Tuesday evening @ 7PM
September 18: Wednesday Lunch @12PM
September 20: Friday evening @7PM
Daring to Step Out In Faith With You!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- Our new Associate Pastor, Scott Huff will be leading our College & Young Adults (18-25) to this year’s Passion Conference, Dec. 31 – Jan. 2 in Atlanta, GA! What an awesome way to usher in the New Year! The total cost for the trip is $200 due by Sept. 15. The cost will go up to $230 after Sept. 15. That cost includes conference, travel, & lodging
(food is the only additional cost). If you’re interested in going and would like more information, please contact Scott Huff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Daring Faith” Campaign Update: If you’re still interested in possibly facilitating a Daring Faith LIFE Group, we need to confirm that this weekend. If you’ve signed up to facilitate a “Daring Faith” LIFE Group this upcoming semester, make sure you’ve turned in all your information. Our goal is to get EVERYONE who considers Coastal their home into a Group (You can do anything for 8 weeks)! This will help create focused alignment as together we all step out in faith and give sacrificially to begin building Phase 2 on our campus!
Our LIFE Group Leader Training Meetings (for everyone Leading/Assisting/Hosting a LIFE Group) are Tuesday night, August 20th, 6:30pm-8:30pm OR Saturday morning, August 24th, 10am-12noon (choose one). LIFE Group Sunday will be Sunday, August 25th.
For those of you who are drawing pages for our “Daring Faith” Coloring Book, don’t forget that your pages are due no later than next Sunday, August 18th. If you are interested in helping with the coloring book, please respond to this email and let us know NOW. We’ll provide several themes and subjects that go along with the campaign and then leave the rest up to you.
- Interested in formalizing your commitment to Coastal and officially making our church, your church family? Our next Membership Class is next Saturday morning, August 17th 9am-12noon. Childcare and light refreshments are provided. You can sign up for the class on our website, your Connect Card,or byresponding to this email.
- End of Summer Lockin – Thursday, August 15th. Meet at the church at 9:30pm. 15 Passenger Vans will be taking Students to Stars and Strikes. Awesome night full of unlimited bowling, laser tag, bumper cars, arcade games, pizza, drinks, and ice cream. Bus will return to church at 6:30am. FREE!
Rising 6th Graders Party – Wednesday, August 21st. Meet at Skyzone in Mt. Pleasant. Event begins at 6:00pm, goes till 7:00pm and includes jump time and pizza. Great time for student to meet other new students and leaders and for parents to hear from adult leaders, student leaders and youth staff about Waves Student Ministry. FREE!
- Chair Set-up starts THIS Saturday (tomorrow morning), August 10th at 9am. We could definitely use volunteers to help. If you are interested in being part of our “chair ministry”, please respond to this email or reach out to Joey Broach at 843-901-6455. It’s a great way to get some exercise, meet other people, and serve our church all at the same time!
P.S. With all of our LIFE Groups, Daring Faith Campaign Meetings, and MOPS (on top of Newcomer’s Lunch & Membership Class), we’re in need of more Childcare Workers! At the church, this is a paid job – $10 an hour. At our LIFE Groups that provide childcare, the adults typically pitch in money and pay the same. If you are interested in getting on the list of available Childcare Workers, please respond to this email.