Two weeks ago I reminded everyone that our church has purchased a site license for something called, “Dave Ramsey+”. What that means is that simply because you are a part of Coastal, you have access to ALL of Dave Ramsey’s best selling resources and tools FREE! This includes 5 classes (Financial Peace, Legacy Journey, Smart Money Smart Kids, the Jump Start Course and a new Budgeting course), the Everydollar+ budgeting tool, and a host of other resources designed to help families track their progress through the baby steps. If you were to sign up for this on your own it would cost $130. NOT NOW! All of that and more will be FREE for our entire church! You’ll have access to everything at your own pace, on your own schedule. Simply go to this link and sign up today!
We see this as an investment in you, your finances, and your future! It’s also a way to practically express our generosity and love toward you and our community and to be a real source of help. Think about it – what if you had gone into the “shutdown” debt free and with money in the bank? What if you could have hope for your life, including your finances? That’s what Dave Ramsey+ is all about – giving you a plan and hope so you can experience financial peace.
I hope you’re as excited about this as I am. And more importantly, I hope you’ll sign up and access the material. We want to be known as a generous church and we also want to do everything we can to equip our church and community to experience true financial peace in these difficult times!
While the Summer is not technically over yet, we have begun stacking and packing our chairs again in our auditorium on Sunday mornings after the second service (we hosted a Volleyball Camp this week and Teachers report next week). What that means is that Saturday morning Chair Setup resumes again tomorrow morning. Typically, Chair Setup takes place on Saturday mornings at approximately 8:45am, immediately after Coastal Kidz Setup. However, this Saturday is also Saturday Serve. So, we’ll be over at Orange Grove Middle School at 8am for Coastal Kidz Setup (that also resumes this Saturday), at our auditorium at 8:30am for Chair Setup, and then Saturday Serve begins at 9am. I hope to see you there!
And finally, have you signed up to serve on a LIFE Team yet (especially a Sunday morning LIFE Team)? I told you last week that my wife Janet has a goal to see 40 new volunteers this year in Coastal Kidz. She’s already at 19! We hope to open our brand new, multi-million dollar Children’s facility some time in September. We would love for you to be a part of this Team! If you think you might be interested or would just like to know what different opportunities are available in Coastal Kidz, either respond to this email or reach out to Janet directly – firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-442-8299. This past Sunday I think we also added over a dozen new volunteers in 1st Impressions! But maybe for you it’s our Cafe, or the Security Team, or the Tech Booth, or countless other opportunities. This Sunday, stop by the LIFE Team Tables, check out all the different opportunities to serve, and sign up!
In His Service & Yours!
- Don’t forget that we are providing school supplies for the families in the Ardmore/Sherwood Forrest neighborhoods! Collect supplies from the list in your bulletin last Sunday (or on our Facebook page) and then drop them off at the Coastal Outreach Box Truck before our services THIS SUNDAY August 8th. You can also drop them off at the office during the week. Supplies will then be distributed at the PINK House Tailgate on Saturday, August 14th!
- UPCOMING OUTREACH PROJECTS:
Saturday Serve – The foundation of all of our serving opportunities at Coastal really starts with Saturday Serve – the first Saturday of every month. The next Saturday Serve is Saturday, August 7th. We meet in the Welcome Center/Cafe at 8:30am, project leaders make a “pitch” for their serving opportunity, and then we serve! Make plans NOW to be there!
Soldier’s Angels – We’ll be helping with the Veteran’s Mobile Food Distribution, Tuesday, August 10th, 8am-1pm.
PINK House – The PINK House is a community center in the Ardmore subdivision in West Ashley. We are going to be putting on a community Tailgate Party, Clothing Distribution, & BACK TO SCHOOL BASH, Saturday, August 14th, 10am-1pm.
If you are interested in serving in any of these projects, you can sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday or sign up now on our website. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- Interested in officially making the Coastal church family, your church family? Our next Membership Class is THIS Monday night, August 9th, 6-8:30pm. You can respond to this email, sign up on our website, or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday. You can join us either in-person or online through Zoom.
- Our Annual BEACH BAPTISM out at Folly Beach County Park is THIS SUNDAY, August 8th, at 5pm. You can sign up for it on our website. The only requirement for Baptism is that you have personally given your life to Jesus. Baptism is a public profession of your faith. At Coastal we call it “going public,” and it’s a great celebration! It beautifully illustrates Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. If you’re unable to participate in our Beach Baptism, remember at Coastal we’re ready for you to get Baptized any service, any Sunday. If you are interested in getting Baptized, simply respond to this email or sign up on our website.
- If you haven’t already seen it, make sure you check out our WAVES Student Ministry (6th-12th Grade) Summer Calendar. They’ve had a great Summer, with lots of events, but it’s quickly coming to an end. There is a Bowling Night, next Friday night, August 13th (meet at Ashley Lanes at 6:30pm)! Go to our website, their Instagram page, or reach out to Ryan Spell for the details. Oh and by the way, all the events are FREE!! Bring your Student and invite a friend!
P.S. Right now, we are in the process of planning out our Fall Semester of LIFE Groups! If you are interested in possibly leading, assisting, or hosting a LIFE Group (in person or online), please sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday or respond to this email. If you have any questions you can also reach out to Pastor Scott Huff at email@example.com.