Let me just start out by saying that we had another AWESOME LIFE Group Sunday this past week! Our attendance was 768, and we had a ton of people sign up for our “Daring Faith” LIFE Groups! In fact, several of our Groups are already FULL! All Groups start the week of September 22nd, so you still have a month to sign up for those Groups that aren’t full yet. You can sign up now online, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or at the LIFE Group Tables on Sunday. You only have to sign up one time, one way. If you signed up this past Sunday for a Group, you are signed up. This truly IS going to be a move of God at our church!
Our church wide “Daring Faith” Campaign officially kicks off on Sunday morning, September 22nd! Don’t miss out on what God is going to do in our church and in your life personally this Fall. If you haven’t already done so, make sure you sign up for one of the Daring Faith Campaign Information Meetings! These are NOT LIFE Groups! We have 13 different meetings to choose from – different days and times. In fact, there are 4 meetings next week – Tuesday evening at 7pm, Wednesday morning at 7am and then again at 9am, and then Friday evening at 7pm. We’re providing childcare & food at all of them. We’re doing everything we can to make it easy and convenient for everyone to attend just one of these meetings. It’s at these meetings that you’ll receive your Daring Faith packet, coloring book, offering bank, and commitment card. We’ll explain the campaign, what we’re going to build, and how you can be a part of it. You can sign up 1 of 4 ways: on your Connect Card on Sunday, at the Daring Faith Campaign Table in the back of the auditorium, respond to this email, or directly from our website.
This coming Sunday is a part of Labor Day weekend. We’re starting a short 3 week series on work. Over the next 3 weeks leading up to our “Daring Faith” Campaign we’re going to talk about things like viewing our work as an opportunity for worship, how to to determine God’s will for your career, and how to share your faith with your co-workers. Don’t miss it!
Daring to Believe With You!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- Did you know that we now have a College & Young Adult (18-25) Ministry at Coastal? Scott Huff, our new Associate Pastor, is leading this Ministry. In fact, he’s hosting a College/Young Adult “Daring Faith” LIFE Group at his home this semester on Tuesday nights at 7pm starting September 24th. You can sign up online or at the church this Sunday!
We’re also taking our College Students & Young Adults to this year’s Passion Conference, Dec. 31 – Jan. 2 in Atlanta, GA! What an awesome way to usher in the New Year! The total cost for the trip is $200 due by September 15th. The cost will go up to $230 after September 15th. That cost includes conference, travel, & lodging (food is the only additional cost). If you’re interested in going and would like more information, please contact Scott Huff at email@example.com. You can also reserve your spot today from our website!
- Get Ready! On Wednesday, September 4, our Waves Student Ministry will be kicking off their new semester! From 6pm-8pm every Wednesday, Students 6th-12th Grade are invited to bring all their friends to come out for a night filled with food, games, worship, message and small groups. You’re not going to want to miss out! Make sure to check out the Waves Student Ministry Instagram for more updates – @wavesstudentministry.
- Mark your calendars – our next Saturday Serve is Saturday, September 7th! If you haven’t come to a Saturday Serve yet, make plans to come in September! I promise you, you’ll be glad you came and that you will receive so much more than you give. Saturday Serve is open to EVERYONE in our community. You do not need to be a Member of our church to participate (you don’t even have to be an attender). We meet in the Coastal Café at 8:30am. After a few minutes of getting to know one another, leaders of multiple projects will brief you on the particulars of the projects they are leading. Afterwards, you’ll choose the project that’s of interest to you and off you’ll go! All projects are typically finished before lunchtime, so it’s not a sacrifice of your entire Saturday. Come out and help us tangibly share and experience the LIFE and LOVE of Jesus with our community!
- New to Coastal? Join us Sunday, September 15th, in the Welcome Center immediately following the 11:15am service for our next Newcomers Reception. This is a great way to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people. Pizza and childcare provided. RSVP online or on your Connect Card. You can also simply respond to this email and let us know that you’re coming.
- We’re looking for volunteers to serve over at Oakland Elementary School this year – the Elementary School across the street from our church. At Coastal, we believe that if you change the life of a child, you help to change the world! We have a special relationship with Oakland that has been built on years and years of service and generosity (and quite a few doughnuts and lots of coffee). If you would be willing to assist in a classroom, help classes in the lunchroom, or even be a Lunch Buddy, please respond to this email or reach out to Susan Cumbie at Susan.Cumbie@us.bosch.com. Let’s help make this the best year ever at Oakland!
P.S. We’re looking for volunteers to help set up the chairs in the auditorium each Saturday morning at 9am (except for the 1st Saturday of each month – Saturday Serve does it at 8:30am). It’s a great way to get some exercise, meet other people, and serve our church all at the same time! If you are interested in being part of our “chair ministry”, please reach out to Joey Broach at 843-901-6455. You can literally just show up this Saturday at 9am to help set up the chairs. With 6 or more people, it takes less than 30 minutes!