I can’t wait for Sunday! We’re having our 2nd Beach Baptism of the Summer! The Baptism will be this Sunday at 4pm at Folly Beach County Park. Bring your whole family and join us out at the Beach as we celebrate new life and next steps! In fact, invite and bring your friends! Make sure you leave early – traffic is always an issue out at Folly. Bring money for parking, unless you’re a Gold Pass member. And remember we’re at the Folly Beach County Park (far right side of the beach), not the pier. Look for a Coastal Flag on the beach! We’ll be close to the entrance side of the beach, near the shelter. If you would like to be Baptized, but haven’t yet signed up, simply respond to this email. We would love for you to participate!
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- This Saturday, August 3rd is our next Saturday Serve (It’s always the 1st Saturday of every month)! If you haven’t come to a Saturday Serve yet, do so this month! I promise you, you’ll be glad you came and that you will receive so much more than you give. We meet in the Coastal Café at 8:30am. After a few minutes of getting to know one another, leaders of multiple projects will brief you on the particulars of the projects they are leading. Afterwards, you’ll choose the project that’s of interest to you and off you’ll go! All projects are typically finished before lunchtime, so it’s not a sacrifice of your entire Saturday. Come out and help us tangibly share and experience the LIFE and LOVE of Jesus with our community!
- “Daring Faith” Campaign Update: If you’re interested in leading/assisting/hosting a “Daring Faith” LIFE Group this upcoming semester, it’s time to let us know. You can respond to this email or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday. If you ARE leading a Group, it’s time to turn in all your information. Our goal is to get EVERYONE who considers Coastal their home into a Group (You can do anything for 8 weeks)! This will help create focus alignment as together we all step out in faith and give sacrificially to begin building Phase 2 on our campus!
Our LIFE Group Leader Training Meetings (for everyone Leading/Assisting/Hosting a LIFE Group) are Tuesday night, August 20th, 6:30pm-8:30pm OR Saturday morning, August 24th, 10am-12noon (choose one). LIFE Group Sunday will be Sunday, August 25th.
Beginning this Sunday you’ll have a chance to sign up to attend one of our “Daring Faith” Campaign Meetings. I will be hosting 13 different meetings at the church from September 3rd – September 20th (different days, times, childcare provided, and even food provided at some of them). We’re asking everyone who calls Coastal their home to attend just one of them. At those meetings we’ll be going over all the details of the “Daring Faith” Campaign – what we’re building, what it will cost, and what is the process. You’ll be able to sign up for one of those meetings starting this Sunday on your Connect Card.
For those of you who are drawing pages for our “Daring Faith” Coloring Book, don’t forget that your pages are due no later than Sunday, August 18th. If you are interested in helping with the coloring book, please respond to this email and let us know NOW. We’ll provide several themes and subjects that go along with the campaign and then leave the rest up to you.
- Interested in formalizing your commitment to Coastal and officially making our church, your church family? Our next Membership Class is Saturday morning, August 17th 9am-12noon. Childcare and light refreshments are provided. You can sign up for the class on our website, your Connect Card,or byresponding to this email.
- End of Summer Lockin – Thursday, August 15th. Meet at the church at 9:30pm. Bus will take Students to Stars and Strikes. Awesome night full of unlimited bowling, laser tag, bumper cars, arcade games, pizza, drinks, and ice cream. Bus will return to church at 6:30am. FREE!
Rising 6th Graders Party – Wednesday, August 21st. Meet at Skyzone in Mt. Pleasant. Event begins at 6:00pm, goes till 7:00pm and includes jump time and pizza. Great time for student to meet other new students and leaders and for parents to hear from adult leaders, student leaders and youth staff about Waves Student Ministry. FREE!
- We start stacking and packing our chairs this Sunday after the 11:15am service (Orange Grove Middle School’s Volleyball Camp begins this week). Which means that we also start setting our chairs back up starting next Saturday, August 10th at 9am. We could definitely use volunteers to help. If you are interested in being part of our “chair ministry”, please respond to this email or reach out to Joey Broach at 843-901-6455. It’s a great way to get some exercise, meet other people, and serve our church all at the same time!
P.S. We are looking to expand our IMPACT at Oakland Elementary School this new school year by participating in a weekly Lunch Buddy Mentoring Program. If you are interested in participating and learning more about the program, please respond to this email.